Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Guest world is a piece of shit!
Started by [E] minimike96

minimike96 wrote:
why not make war world guest acsessable, and make the actual guest world a clone of the server, but dont let members go into the guest world so there wont be any arguments over stealing from one world and running to another.

WW is a member only thing

Because sometimes real members want to actually play vanilla, with the danger of creepers. It's actually a lot of fun :3
Deleting old dumb shit I said years ago.
it isnt fair today i wanted to go to gw and i got killed so i retaliated then everyone took me out i have lost 3 sets of iron armour trieing to get it back and i never did i want my loss to mean something as well as mods dont u give a crap that they have to deal with it i mean sawine u keep the server running so that is fair but u dont know what is like to be a mod or member and it is very hard for memvers and mods at least take in some of the suggestions
Ok sawine take a look at the chat logs and you will see it was mostly are own members talking shit.

Thanks...
i agree we only retaliated agianst guests after they attacked us
minimike96 wrote:

But making a world where its free to play, theres no rules, and no one cares, doesnt make guests want to buy the server. Almost every guest i see either asks someone to buy it for them or doesnt ever buy a membership. my point is guest world shouldnt be a chaotic place with anarchy and pillaging. it should be similar to the real world even if they cant use shops or warps. War world was created for the exact purpose of killing and fighting. why not make war world guest acsessable, and make the actual guest world a clone of the server, but dont let members go into the guest world so there wont be any arguments over stealing from one world and running to another.

Its easy to say like that, but you're not the one dealing with all the mess. Makes like 2 months that I almost never play the game, 99% of my online time, I add, remove, fix stuff and deal with problems, and more problems.

A "clone" of the server ? Then why not suggest to remove the membership fee at the same time....

I have so many other stuff to care... the hosting, the website, the forums, the plugins, the banned ppl, the griefers, the plugins incompatibility, the plugins updates, the bukkit updates, the minecraft updates, the world maps, the events, the security, the protections, the warps, the vaults, the donations, fix bugs, fix bugs and fix more bugs....

I log on the server, i get 5 private msg instantly.

I log on website, I have mail everyday.

+ i work in real life

+ I live on top of that... you know offline minetown.

The 5$ whitelist cut down on the number of noobs and idiots. It gets more mature people. The server was free in the past, and it was getting impossible to manage, unless i would have dedicated my entire life to it....

So when you ask to care more about the guests, when already i can barely fulfill the members demands,..

I will look into this issue some more, but the problem about "members causing trouble" in GW is not a general problem and is rather related to few individuals. Lets not generalize and make drastic actions...

I will find who are the ones responsible for this and warn them.

But... anyway... it will still be allowed to go there, and kill people...

And also be possible to secretly loot chests... Im not going to start BigBrother investigations on GW.

MAYBE, and only maybe, some volunteers in the staff will offer to moderate the GW. I will discuss it with them, but don't count on my help. Like I said i deal with enough already and my objective is to run a high quality minecraft server, not a server filled with noobs, jerks and immature people (yes ik im generalizing) .
TheAncientTeam wrote:
it isnt fair today i wanted to go to gw and i got killed so i retaliated then everyone took me out i have lost 3 sets of iron armour trieing to get it back and i never did i want my loss to mean something as well as mods dont u give a crap that they have to deal with it i mean sawine u keep the server running so that is fair but u dont know what is like to be a mod or member and it is very hard for memvers and mods at least take in some of the suggestions

?

"OH NO HELP ADMINS I GOT KILLED PLZ GIMME MA ITEMS BACK"

(sorry for seeming a bit rude here but...)

Which part of PVP didnt you understood ?

And FYI, I know what its like to be a mod and an admin. I didnt founded this server, i made my way up on it.

Oh... and I will install chat channel soon, so you can ignore and leave those guests die in peace.

Cya
I just wanted to mention one slightly idiotic thing about the idea of banning members from guest world. We paid the $5 whitelist fee to have full access to the server, all the worlds included. Why would we make it so becoming a member removes access to certain areas? That just seems stupid to me.

Once we get the chat channels set up, almost all of this should no longer be an issue.

Chester