Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] A plugin to prevent deforestation
Started by [E] zαк∂αηк

I'm deforesting my area on purpose, will it affect that?
no, it only effects what trees you cut down after it's installed
Lol i think you guys are being lazy, this plugin will make you gain a second or even make you lose one !

Right now, its easy, just replant a tree when you cut one in some wild areas, takes 1-2 sec to open inventory, place it in bar and just right click...

If we install the plugin, you will pickup the sapling, and if you want to auto plant it you have to open your inventory and drop it. Its longer to drop it than to plant it... And what if you walk over it again by mistake?

And some of you said they wanted to use the saplings for their furnace... if they are not on the ground they wont auto replant...

To me it looks like ppl voted yes to get easier access to wood, which is already enough easy to produce imo.

I dont think its worth adding another plugin (more server load, even if its a small plugin, its still more memory), that give such feature, I see plenty of trees when i look at the map, also they grow in like 30 min, so.. I dont see any need for more abundance.

Sure, some areas don't look as wild as they looked at first... but I don't think this plugin is the solution.

Cya
Lazy fools, we don't have plugins in real life to prevent deforestation, so why should we have one in the game.

Do it the old fashion way, replant.
Trees can reproduce in the real world without human assistance. How do you think the Siberian forests came about?
@sawine but wouldnt you like to just cut down a tree without sitting and waiting for a sapling to fall down? atleast consider this for guest world where trees are practically extinct?
ZakDank wrote:
@sawine but wouldnt you like to just cut down a tree without sitting and waiting for a sapling to fall down? atleast consider this for guest world where trees are practically extinct?

Last I checked admins can generate entire forests with a single command.

Guys,

1. Kill a skele for bonemeal

2. Cut down tree, get sapling

3. Plant it and use bonemeal on it

4. ???????

5. PROFIT!!!!!!

tl:dr

Lookup the effects of bonemeal in minecraft
with bonemeal you can grow grass <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>