Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Paying for Protection
Started by [E] SpaceNarwhal

Its just a text file
So yes or no on this?

~SN
lol hopefully no, why would you even want this? your not admin/mod.
Because it would be an incentive for mods / admins to do protections voluntarily and not having to be screamed at.

Also so newbies won't protect whole valleys for themselves.

~SN
There'd have to be a set amount per block or area. Personally, I say this is a bad idea, because, like HK said, it would encourage hostile relations when you couldn't afford to protect all of your area.

New Oasis will be ~73,580 blocks in INTERNAL area, not including the gardens and possible suburbs. There's no way I'll be able to pay for protection after already funding the whole construction project. And I will NOT see my creation griefed to hell because I suddenly have to pay for it.

A better solution might be a protection log containing the dates of established protections. The owner of a protection has say a week to develop part of the protected area, and must have plans to develop the entirety of the area. If someone wants the protected land, and the owner has not developed after that amount of time, the protection can be revoked.
Towns / Faction / Cities could be free.

Existing protections will still remain.

~SN
see heres the thing, i think its fucking stupid for someone to have a fucking continent protected just for themselves, and this was eventualy end up were huge parts of land will be protected and newbies can build over because the original owners wont let them/gone inactive
Agreed
i dont think its a good idea that they get paid for doin there job, there job is to protect things, thats one of the main funtions of mods, to do protects and warps, they shouldnt get paid for doin there job if they dont like doin it for free why are they a mod? its part of what they agreed to do free protectiuons, and warps
Lol wut mod or admin protects a whole continent? I haven't seen one yet.

The only thing i dont like is those protections where the owner is inactive.