Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Paying for Protection
Started by [E] SpaceNarwhal

Before anyone screams at me, let me explain.

When you pay for a protection, you are effectively buying it, and it would solve alot of problems with overlapping protections, ect. ect.

This prevents anyone from just protecting an enormous mountain range, at no cost, and does absolutely nothing with it. If protection was paid for, it would give the incentive to build something on the land.

This could be negated if you buy a lot in a town, you wouldn't have to pay for protection then.

The price could range, depending on how big the protection.

?

edit : Mods / Admins will get the money, to encourage more... helping.

Keep in mind, this is IN-GAME currency, not real $$$.

ie. 5 diamond for a mountain protected.

~SN
sounds good

Although, I usually wont protect something unless theres already something built on it or it's a lot in a city
i agree
Yea it must be free..
Hows about... No?

I will not pay ANYTHING for a protection. If I have to pay for protection, then I would rather not have any at all. As well, I'd start killing anyone who entered my territory without permission, and forcibly start take their stuff for trespassing until they realize to stop coming. Maybe even a raid into their houses, to make them rethink about trespassing. A reasonable trade off I think. It is a PVP allowed server, after all. And if someone is caught stealing, and griefing my home, it's only fair I do it in return to them.

And of course, the start of me building everything out of obsidian, to fortify my position and area against thieves and robbers. As well, the introduction of attack dogs, to mercilessly track and kill anyone who, again, trespasses.

And I probably wouldn't be the only one to do this, if we have to start paying for protections.

So, once again, no. It hinders my growth, takes away my treasury to staff that do not need anything more in wealth, and will cause mass PVP battles, retaliations, and alot of grudges towards each other.
The pay would go directly to the Mod / Admin, so it would encourage them to have fast response.

~SN
The pay would go directly to the Mod / Admin, so it would encourage them to have fast response.

~SN
Protection should be free, you dont want people impregnated all the time...

ded srs : if there's a major problem, i say go for it.
Paying as in real currency paying? for protection? No thanks, what the hell gave you this "great" idea?
Gackt wrote:
Paying as in real currency paying? for protection? No thanks, what the hell gave you this "great" idea?

Ugh, I'm barely awake today. What're we paying in for protection? in game or currency