Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Oasis Project
Started by [E] Eissaye

As you may know, Oasis is one of the older cities in Minetown, predating Crecent, Frostgorod, Vegas, etc. Its construction, mostly paralleled that of Espero.

As time moved on, however, Oasis became a dinosaur as far as cities go; a ghost town.

Thus, I'm now putting my "life-savings" to good use by starting an Oasis reconstruction project.

All of the existing structures in Oasis were demolished, with the exception of the arena and consulate. (IanHales' house is still standing but will be removed soon.)

New oasis will be vastly larger. As you can see in the plan below.

Oasis will take a circular shape, containing four identical plazas each with a unique landmark building facing in the cardinal directions.

Roads will connect these plazas to the expanded Empire Plaza surrounding the former consulate of the Southern Empire.

These roads are, starting north and moving clockwise: Boreas, Eurus, Notus, and Zephyr.

Diagonal walls will form an X shape in the circle, dividing the city into four vectors;districts.

The outer wall will be circular, and have a circumference of ~980 blocks. This gives the walled in space an area of 73,583 blocks.

Outside the outer wall will be expansive gardens.

Currently, the site is being cleared and flattened, before construction can begin.

I need:

Laborers: to place dirt and flatten hills.

Materials:

-DIRT

-Glass

-Halfblock

-Smoothstone

-Coal

Please post here or contact me if you can assist the project by selling or donating materials. Also let me know if you can provide labor, either volunteer or paid.

IMA BUILDIN A ROAD TO OASIS.!<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f632.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":o">:o</object>

But I'll also help you whenever we are on at the same time

(I'm still making a road > rail system much like tcts to oasis through frost <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>)
How much are you paying per stack of each?
Depends on whatever the seller wants. Going price is about 1-2GB per stack of Smooth, 1-3gb per stack of glass, 5GB per single chest of dirt.

Don't know about coal.
I've got two full double chests of smoothstone and another full singlechest of smoothstone. I'll sell them all for 2gb a stack
jthm02 wrote:
IMA BUILDIN A ROAD TO OASIS.!<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f632.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":o">:o</object>

But I'll also help you whenever we are on at the same time

(I'm still making a road > rail system much like tcts to oasis through frost <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>)

Do you know where Oasis is?
It got moved closer to everything now, ,but it's still about 800 blocks or so south west of China.
jpk, i can find it. i have the pre expansion map anyway.
OASIS UPDATES:

We NEED workers to help flatten the Oasis area! Contact Kingkar1 or myself online or in game to be hired, or to volunteer!

Pay is undecided, but will likely reflect the amount of dirt placed.

In addition,

I am purchasing the following in mass quantities: GLASS, SMOOTHSTONE, SMOOTHSTONE SLAB, COAL, DIRT.

If you have any of the above materials, please consider selling or donating to the project. The walls planned will currently require ~30,848 smoothstone slab to create the vertical structures. Of this, we currently have only ~27,000 smoothstone slabs, and will need tens of thousands more to complete the city.
Eissaye wrote:
OASIS UPDATES:

We NEED workers to help flatten the Oasis area! Contact Kingkar1 or myself online or in game to be hired, or to volunteer!

Pay is undecided, but will likely reflect the amount of dirt placed.

In addition,

I am purchasing the following in mass quantities: GLASS, SMOOTHSTONE, SMOOTHSTONE SLAB, COAL, DIRT.

If you have any of the above materials, please consider selling or donating to the project. The walls planned will currently require ~30,848 smoothstone slab to create the vertical structures. Of this, we currently have only ~27,000 smoothstone slabs, and will need tens of thousands more to complete the city.

I will sell you Glass and Smoothstone, when I get back home in a few minutes I will start mining and digging for sand, and I have a bit under a double chest full of dirt.