Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Laptop overheating problem (help me D:)
Started by Unknown User

Put ice on it.
I use it while lying on my bed, but support it with my knees to keep it off my lap, basically I'm not touching the bottom. Strangly it overheats faster while on my desk than on my lap lol...
Hagan wrote:
Have them blast all of that dust and dirt out if you have someone change it. My laptop used to get to over 90C before I really vacuumed and sprayed the dust out. Spraying with air after I had vacuumed it kept it much cooler than just vacuuming alone. It runs at about 65-75C when Minecraft is running now. Having it on a flat surface/cooling pad/lifted up also keeps it cooler. I melted an Internet adaptor once by having it laying on a down comforter and Skyping.

That's standard procedure when repasting a cpu. As far as the brand of paste, don't walk in a repair shop wanting a certain brand, I speak from experience when I say you're just gonna piss them off. Just make sure you get alot of references to the shop you do go to.
I have one of these:

cooler_master_ergostand.jpg

It's cooled my laptop down from around 80c to 40c. All you do is plug it into your USB port and it takes the power from your laptop.

Alternatively, you could just blow on it really really hard.