Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MAIN Moderator Applications
Started by [E] Reggief

Job Description:

A moderator is responsible for overseeing others within the game, as well as within the forums. Be ready to set aside your own projects to take care of issues that arise. This will definitely have an effect in your play time on Minecraft. If you think being a moderator is something to do in your spare time or it would be nice to have a position of power, please do not apply. That being said duties include...

• You have to be 16 years of age or older
  • Overseeing chat and making sure everyone is having fun and not abusing others or the game itself.
  • Apply the rules. http://www.minetown.net/rules
  • Checking possible griefing via the GriefAlert system
  • Inventory checks to make sure no one is stealing or duping.
  • Confronting people who break the rules and take the necessary actions.
  • Manage warps and region protection.
  • Help people!
  • There are other minor duties but the overall mission of a moderator is to serve and protect MineTown.
  • You will represent MineTown as a staff member so would need to watch how you act and speak to players.

Please be truthful on your application. If we find out you were not truthful your application will be considered void and will get deleted.

(Please copy and paste the text below into a new post)
Quote:

______________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Minecraft IGN:

2. Age:

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America):

4. Hours per week you play (Average):

5. How long have you been in MineTown:

6. Friends in Minetown:

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?:

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?:

9. Can you use Mumble (This is necessary):

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain.:

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?:

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Any posts other then an application WILL be deleted.

Thank you.
1. Minecraft IGN: Hatprovider

2. Forum username: Hatprovider

3. Age: 30, but who is counting.

4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): Central Standard

5. Hours per week you play(average) and how long have you been in MineTown: 25 hours give or take a little.

6. Friends in Minetown: Reggie, Stryk9, Heiwashin, Checkers, Coffeey, Mrbaconbitts, Danni and Jace (They are a package deal right?) and many many more. I don't really hang out and build with specific people because I usually am doing my own thing, but I love to help on projects and give tours and talk to new people that come to our server.

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: No I have not! Sayomie comment here ___________. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?: Not really. I am helping a buddy with a few things but nothing more than directing people to where they need to go and what they have to do to get a membership for his server.

9. Can you use Mumble(this is necessary): I use mumble on a regular basis. I also enjoy a good 10 hours of epic sax guy compliments of DJ Checkers!

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain.: In the short span of 2 months since I have been on Minecraft I have seen nothing else like this community. I went as far as to make it a point to find a place better, more friendly, less laggy (hehe), and just an all around better experience. In my search I have found nothing that compares. Minetown is truely one of a kind. I dont think a lot of people even know how good they have it. We all put in countless hours that we are never getting back in order to have a great place to create, build, hang out, and for Exerti even troll. With that said I want to give back and do more with my time here. If that is taking a night to help someone build, spend hours going through the applications and picking only the best new people to bring to this place, or being a ninja and keeping an eye out for some tomfoolery; so that others can enjoy thier experience without worry. Minetown has an already great staff, but seriously overworked. I would love the opportunity to "lighten" the load so that we can all have fun. Because thats why we still play this game right? I know I am inexperienced, but will never be unprepared. I'm a quick learner and I make judgement calls everyday so that will never be a problem. I always follow the proper procedures and I most always get a second opinion. Please consider my application for moderator and whatever the decision I'm sure it will be the right one.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: Like I said in the not so flattering "age" question, Im 30 years old and married to my super sexy wife and have two children named Ava and Jacob (2 1/2 and 1 1/2). I am a big kid at heart and love playing video games. So that I dont have to sound like a huge nerd I also played college football for a small division 3 school in Wisconsin. Since I am a family man I spend most of my free time teaching and playing with my kids and most of my nights I'm playing with my wife...hahah. I mean Minecraft. I look forward to meeting and getting know of all you too. Well most of you anyway, I have a couple people who are on my poop list. Thanks for reading and I'll see you in Minetown!
1. Minecraft IGN: FSUISBACK2011

2. Forum username: FSUISBACK2011

3. Age:20

4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America):CST

5. Hours per week you play(average) and how long have you been in MineTown: Honestly, 30ish a week. Thanks to having class twice a week. I have been on MineTown since mid August

6. Friends in Minetown: O wow haha well. Sayomie, Checkers, Arvilla, Ouhnyupp, Browse, Subspec, HatProvider, Danny, N0ttsweet, Toffie, Heiwashin, DanniDorrito, Jace, MutantMistie, Jdavila, I could be here all day haha...

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?:ROFL ya, first day put a source block of lava down mineshaft stairs to Dancraft's town. From then on Heiwashin always says he is "watching me" sense I only benefit the server now haha.

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?: I do some things in a friends server but not much. I am up to the challenge and believe I will thrive.

9. Can you use Mumble(this is necessary): I'm on almost everyday. =D

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain.: I believe I will be a beneficial to the server due to many aspects. One reason is that I am mature, and when things need done its business first play later. I will be big part when it comes to helping people with arguments, as I know how to talk to people and solve issues without making people get mad.

I am usually on from 5 P.M. to 4 A.M. CST. I would love for a chance to help the (IMO) the best server move forward.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I honestly think the enviroment on this server is unparalleled. Before joining I have played on other servers, I was treated as a brick in the wall. I believe this server is like a family and everyone plays a key part.

I am on Minetown a lot and help the community when i can, I have donated diamonds to community events such as the builds where I was even a judge. Just because I am on often does not mean I don't have a life, I work 20 hours a week and am going to school to become a commercial airline pilot. I appreciate everything the server has done for me and would love to help further the server.

I appreciate all who read this,

FSUISBACK2011
Revised:

1. Minecraft IGN: MIKEL

2. Forum username: Mikeliskewl

3. Age: 17

4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): Pacific GMT-8

5. Hours per week you play(average) and how long have you been in MineTown: I average around 25 hours a week with school, sports, and work. I have been playing on Minetown since December 28th? (somewhere around there)

6. Friends in Minetown: Press tab in-game <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: yes, because the former admin omegatekanina was accusing me falsely and kicked me from game for no reason, and then i loled at him, other than that i have not been banned, and i have never broken the rules, other than trolling an admin.

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?: Yes i owned my own server, and i know all the commands for the basic mod duties, and those that i do not know i am willing to learn.

9. Can you use Mumble(this is necessary): Yes i can, and i have had some wonderful conversations in there with CheckersFX, and it is fun to talk to the other members that are in their frequently. I also try to get on mumble very time i get on my computer.

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain.: I have been a part of this community for a long time, and i know the people who play on here. I see guest questions go unanswered all the time, and if i know the answer to their question i will answer them to the best of my knowledge. I thoroughly enjoy playing on this server and i appreciate how much effort all the Admins and Mods put into making everyone's playing on Minetown the best it can be, and i would like to be a part of the staff of Minetown, making people happy.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?:I love this community and i hope to see it through another year, this time as a mod <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Sincerely:

- MIKEL
1. Minecraft IGN: ZakDank

2. Forum username: ZakDank

4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): GMT

5. Hours per week you play(average) and how long have you been in MineTown: Hours per week depends, up to 3 hours a night , more on weekedns and i have been on minetown for so long that i cant even remember joining.

6. Friends in Minetown: Most of the community

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: Nope, never banned

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?: Yes

9. Can you use Mumble(this is necessary): Of course.

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain.: So far there is only 2 british mods and i think i would be helpful when most of the american mods are asleep. I have been here forever , or so it seems and have seen the rulings placed down by mods and admins so have a clear sight of the rules.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I was originally going to be running eximus-wow until the community voted against a wow server over legal issues. I have run numerous servers and moderated and admin'd on others.
1. Minecraft IGN:

DrewISgod

2. Forum username:

DrewIsgod

3. Age:

4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America):

Central

5. Hours per week you play(average) and how long have you been in MineTown:

Been in Minetown since August. Play quite alot, lately hoever Its been on the new world server. 40 hours a week + in game however I am on mumbler alot more than that playing LOL with a big group of the community

6. Friends in Minetown:

Sayomie Mrbacon Lominac Heiwashin Arvila N0tt other than that

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?:

N/A

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?:

I was an admin on a 50+ player server since Alpha, Up to the time that I joined minetown. During this I had experience with worldedit and other bukkit commands.

9. Can you use Mumble(this is necessary):

I am on mumble all day normally

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain.:

I like to think that Im creative, and would be able to bring new ideas to the server. I have the experience and I believe that I know what is expected of the staff. I enjoy helping people, and the moderation of a minecraft server more than I do actually playing the game. I also feel that I have been around the server long enough to get a grasp on just about everything I would need to know, however I am a very quick to learn if something new were to come up. I really would love the chance to help the community. With a recent move I have quite a bit of open time to spend, and I hope I am able to spend it assisting those of the server.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?

Pointing out that I really don't delete my own posts just to repost them. I believe there was a mixup of some sort and they got deleted. I do hope that I am given the chance to help the community as it grows larger. Thanks for reading this far.

-Drew
Re-Revised!

1. Minecraft IGN:Amaryxi Nickname: Anonymous

2. Forum username:Amaryxi/Anonymous

3. Age:16 as of today!(Please do not delete, I do not expect for it to be accepted within the remaining days due to the age requirement, it is here so that I have something to add onto when the time comes)

4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America):Eastern (-4)

5. Hours per week you play(average) and how long have you been in MineTown:In the time I've spent with Minetown, I average about 70 hours a week <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> (Two computer classes during school in which I'm constantly on xD) I have been with the server for about 10 months now, or since 1.2 came out.

6. Friends in Minetown:I have quite a few people that are better friends but I get along with just about everyone with the exception for 1 or 2. Some of my better friends include Heiwashin, DanniDorrito, DJTechnor, Sayomie555, Gear, DrewISGod, Zionia, WIZEONE, Dobs, Hazel, Choco, Mrbaconbits, Arvila, Donkeyykong, Landr0, N0ttsweet, Natystar, and quite a few more. Those are just the people who I chat with the most.

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?:Yes I was banned for a misunderstanding dupe. It was overlooked because of the stupidity of the whole situation.

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?:I was an "Uber" Admin on Olympus Minecraft while my friend Steven was Co-Owner. I left that server when the other Co-Owner demoted him for calling him a dictator. That's when I joined Minetown <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>. That lasted for about a month and a half to two months.

9. Can you use Mumble(this is necessary):I can use Mumble flawlessly now that my headset is back in tune. I spend more time on mumble than actual Minetown seeing as it's almost never closed on my computer <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain.:I think that I will make a good Moderator because even not as a moderator, I find myself on a lot, fixing people's problems that don't necessarily need a Moderator. I also direct people to where they should be if they need a Moderator. I know all of the commands for the most part with the exception of pe/whitelisting as those were never features on the server I was on. I will be looking into them when I get some time <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>. I also find myself to be a kind person. I don't choose sides, I understand accidents, and before I ban people, I look into their side of the story for a bit, seeing what they did wrong and if they actually deserve the punishment or not. I'm constantly telling people how to apply and ALWAYS making new friends.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?:I know some JavaScript, small bits of Php, HTML, and some C#. I might get better with these and look into developing plugins and such for the server and others, as well as maybe applying for Developer. I am also looking into more plugins that I was not aware of which the server had, I never used some of them like hawkeye. This is not a problem, I have a generally good memory.

Sincerely,

- Anonymous

1. Minecraft IGN: revels21

2. Forum username: яєνєℓѕ::21

4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): GMT (London)

5. Hours per week you play(average) and how long have you been in MineTown: Roughly 30-40 hours a week, it all depends on how much work I have and what day it is. I have been on minetown since 0ctober 25th, 2011 so I know the server, and it's commands/plugins and players very well.

6. Friends in Minetown: leogt123, greenape20, rasboy2007, l2econfirst, badman1v1, BTechnique, Airbornejones, Zionia000, DanniDorrito, Nick663, ryanblm, Nickuru, ronvandorp, VVAnonymousVV, craftermaster, Truerurouni, XCoaster, tarantula2, Barney626, luev25, Luggious and TinkieWinkieBag. I like to think that everyone is my friend and that these are just a few people whom I have had a closer relationship with in Minetown, and I am always open to meeting and helping new people!

(Sorry if anyone was missed, PM if I did miss you <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>)

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: I was temp banned for creating a region on someone else's land, I didn't (long story) In the end it turned out that the person accusing me was lying to the mods!! I was also temp-banned for reclaiming someones house in my town, I won't go in to it too much, but they asked me for their house back, I didn't get the messages due to a glitch or something, and the mods thought I was being greedy, taking his house and not giving it back on purpose. It is all sorted now and the player still lives, happily, in my town!

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?: I have run my own server, for me and my friends, which is a bukkit server and currently runs over 30 plugins where at least half are administrative. I have also helped administrate my friend's servers, which are also bukkit and also contain numerous plugins which require a decent knowledge of commands, many of which are used in Minetown.

9. Can you use Mumble(this is necessary): I can use mumble and have already joined the minetown server on mumble.

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain: I have played on minetown for a long time now, as a normal player, and I feel that I have become very well integrated with the community and I know the server very well now. I would love to become a moderator to answer petitions and help as many people as I can. I'm not necessarily the best builder and when I am on mine, or my friends, server I generally take an administrative role, working more with the plugins, to get them working and suited to our needs. We did download the petition plugin to try it out and, although we couldn't do much with it due to a lack of people, I feel that going round answering petitions and working more with the plugins and commands would be very appealing to me. I own 3 towns now, although they are all grouped in to one (MCTown) so I have had experience with the administrative side of the member experience on Minetown, I also help out in Nimaro and I am part of the Bass Squad faction which is just starting out and I hope I can become more involved in that and hopefully become a Faction Supervisor or Manager!

So I am very involved in the community already and have had a lot of experience with Minetown and the way it works so I would be able to take on the role of Moderator very well and prove to be a great addition to the Minetown Staff!

I also managed to get HawkEye working on my own server and I have been testing it out and using it so now I am quite well trained in using it and, hopefully, would be able to jump straight in to sorting out PE's in need of HawkEye, I am also very good and quick at learning commands and learning how plugins work so I am already proficient with a lot of the plugins and commands on the server and I am a pretty good, fast independant learner so if I ran in to a problem with a certain plugin I could go away and learn how to get round it fairly easily without bothering other staff!

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: The bottom line is I think the server is the best out there. I went on countless other servers to try and find more fun in the game other than in single-player, all of which restricted you too much, and finally my friend showed me this server and, even just playing in the guest world, I loved playing on it and being a part of the great community and I would love to give back to this great server by becoming a part of the Minetown staff and helping everyone out. I am also very forum active and would love to take up a role as a Forum Moderator, if I could, as well because I would love to help out on/with the website!

P.S. Hope you enjoy the colour scheme and thank you for taking the time to read my application! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Cya
1. Minecraft IGN: My In Game Name is: Teh1337Haxorz

2. Forum username: My Forum Username is also: Teh1337Haxorz

3. Age: I am 16 years old Today!!

4. Timezone:My time zone is Eastern Standard Time

5. Hours per weeks you play(average) and how long have you been in MineTown: I usually play from when I get home from school (4:30) Untill supper (5:30) then continue on until around 9:30. And on weekends I play whenever I have the chance, usually around 20-25 Hours.

So on average I play around 45-50 hours.

I have been on Minetown Since About the Beggining of December, although it feels like forever that I have been on it. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

6. Friends in MineTown: Everyone I would hope! I wouldn't say I am the most popular and everyone likes me but I haven't made any enemy's or anything like that! People like: Luev25 GodBrother50 VVAnonymousVV are probably some of the Better Friends I have Made <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why? Yes, but it the Mod admits that it was a Misunderstanding So it Should not effect my possibility to be a Mod <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

Link: http://www.minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/1904994-teh1337haxorz-ban-appeal

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft Administration: I have been A Mod on a few other, medium-ish, sized servers. To be honest it wasn't a great server, it was easy to grief and I was really the only Mod to enforce the rules and NOT abuse the powers, I took it very seriously.

9. Can you use Mumble?(this is neccesary): I can and Do use mumble! I have to wait a week because my mic broke and I am getting a new one though!

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain: I KNOW I would make a good moderator because I always go out of my way to help another Player on MineTown, I constantly do work for free just to help them, I Always try to make people follow the rules, if someone is breaking the rules, I try to tell them what they are doing wrong. I'm always respectful to players, even when they are being rude to me or another player. I always try to answer in full sentences when people are asking questions just so they understand Completely! I do have experience as a Camp Councillor so I know when Someone should be confronted about their wrong doings. not get mad at Every single thing they do.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us? I Live South of Toronto, Canada. I am in school achieving EXCELLENT grades. I honestly take time just to look at the chat and respond as soon as possible to people who are asking questions. I have my own iPad which I use when I am playing in game, just to stay up with the forum. I am starting to use the forum more because I want to be as helpful As possible! I recently quit my job so now I will have more time than ever to play minecraft. I am planning on becoming a donator when my bank account situation gets fixed so I can verify my PayPal account, So I WILL be a donator! (At least 15$ minimum)

I hope you will accept my Application To be a Moderator, if something in this application seems wrong, could you please tell me what it is so I can Improve it!

Thanks for taking the time to read this to the end!

~Teh~

Ps. Feel free to thumbs this up for the time and effort put into making this résumé/Application!
1. Minecraft IGN: 13U5T3R

2. Forum username: 13U5T3R

3. Age: 22

4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): (-6:00 CST)

5. Hours per week you play(average) and how long have you been in MineTown: 40+ hours per week lol and i have been on Minetown for about two months now.

6. Friends in Minetown: Iron_orchid, Crazypeoplesblow, DaddyChoco, NatyStar, Breadnbutter, Godbrother, Kosakraszi. and plenty moar :3 cant name everyone sorry guys! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: NOOO <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> never been banned cuz im an angel haha <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?: Yes, I was a Mod/Admin of iCraftSmp.net for about a year. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

9. Can you use Mumble(this is necessary): Yes i already do <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain.: I believe i can be a good mod because i understand the rules and follow them, i know the ways of this server pretty well and i know alot of the people. i can help out with the times that i know other mods arent available, with pe's or just help in general.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I have applied before but i deleted my post because i wanted to get to know the people of Minetown better, I have come to a point in my Minetown life that i believe i have gotten to know most the regulars and wish to keep growing with these people as my friends. I love minetown! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> Yay me LOL