Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] FTB Downtime
Started by [E] VorTechs

I've been bored much these last two days...

I was playing and it was lagging a little bit, and then I couldn't open anything, move anything in my inventory, nor see or hear anything moving/making noises. It crashed very soon after that, and for the rest of these few days, I will be bored, working on my project in singleplayer. All it is right now is digging and placing.

I would appreciate it if the staff would help us in the next 6 hours. If not, that's okay. I just want the FTB server back up. It's pretty much all I play on anymore!
I'll try to be more diligent on bringing the server back up, but I only get to play a limited amount and because of the new update severely slowing down my framerate I don't play as much so I don't notice as much.
Just an odd observation, as everyones framerate is reportably gong down, mine has doubled with the update?
lol I don't care about this thread because I don't play on feed the beast.
a3modz2 wrote:
lol I don't care about this thread because I don't play on feed the beast.

ha ha ha that was so funny, you could make some money out of your high level of humor
...off topic, I'd call it. If you don't care about this thread, don't post! Sheesh.

And thanks Cryston, at least you have taken some interest in helping!
Barney I know it will cause issues cause guess what I have run the server before... If you think its so easy then go download the server files and have a go at it. You seem to have it all figured out so I don't foresee you having any issues at all.

When the server crashes 99% of the time there is a reason that needs to be fixed. If you don't fix it then it's just going to crash again. Each time it crashes did it fully save? Did the map corrupt? Did it automatically roll everyone back due to the crash? What save did it roll back from? People love to find that their last month of work is all gone because of an automatic restart after a crash.. This is only a few of the issues not to mention the load that would be caused due to a server constantly restarting. News flash ftb isn't the instance on the server. So what issues ftb causes affects many others..

It's easy to just sit back and wish everything was perfect but in reality it isn't. Funny that you talk about how downtime is bad for server population but you don't even think about what your posts and comments do. If you read this thread would you join our FTB server?

Wanna help instead of complain? Apply for staff and deal with the constant issues. Seems you have it all figured out so FTB should run perfectly with all your insight..........
Italy08 wrote:
Barney I know it will cause issues cause guess what I have run the server before... If you think its so easy then go download the server files and have a go at it. You seem to have it all figured out so I don't foresee you having any issues at all.

When the server crashes 99% of the time there is a reason that needs to be fixed. If you don't fix it then it's just going to crash again. Each time it crashes did it fully save? Did the map corrupt? Did it automatically roll everyone back due to the crash? What save did it roll back from? People love to find that their last month of work is all gone because of an automatic restart after a crash.. This is only a few of the issues not to mention the load that would be caused due to a server constantly restarting. News flash ftb isn't the instance on the server. So what issues ftb causes affects many others..

It's easy to just sit back and wish everything was perfect but in reality it isn't. Funny that you talk about how downtime is bad for server population but you don't even think about what your posts and comments do. If you read this thread would you join our FTB server?

Wanna help instead of complain? Apply for staff and deal with the constant issues. Seems you have it all figured out so FTB should run perfectly with all your insight..........

a tad bit harsh?
LucaGreen wrote:
Italy08 wrote:

a tad bit harsh?

Not at all.. if the truth is harsh then all well. Fact is that complaining does nothing. Staff is busy we do the best we can and if the server stays down its not just cause were lazy... People swear like we enjoy these issues.. Remember we like to play the game as well and were volunteers not slaves.
when did i say a restarter would fix everything? i intended it for a tempory fix untill we find the real problem and fix it. and if restarting is the problem then how is an automatic restarter going to make it worse as if the server crashed either a staff would restart it or a restarter would, whats the difference? i understand there is a major issue which we dont understand atm but the server still needs to be kept up as much as possible untill we find a cause, i hear one of the reasons could be xycraft and we were talking about the possiblity of removing it before. you seem to think the auto restarter would crash the server more than normal, which doesnt seem to be the case...

i never even said server down time was bad for the population, i think that was someone else. but i guess i can see your point there. but even if they did join when they see the amount of down time thats what would turn them away... what are we ment to do, try and pretend the server is working properly and that people should come rushing in? atm thats what we dont want, more people, more machines, more lag, more work for staff to explain why they had to wipe the map again. currently we dont want more people because it will just make the situation more complex.

as for joining staff, i would apply for staff right now to help the ftb server. but i can't due to the fact im only 7 months of being 16...

so if i could i would but i cant due to the age limit.

if the truth is harsh why try to tell us not to complain? lol. and complaining lets you know whats happening on the server while you guys arn't there to fix it...

we never said staff are lazy... why do you keep making things like this up -_-... we simple asked why the staff are lacking on ftb to deal with the problems. we never said the staff were lazy.

we understand you play the game as well and you are volunteers but if you dont like dealing with issues when there are some and complaints when there are then why apply? it clearly shows being staff affects your personal play time. so dont try that one cos its your own fault if you dont like it.

we dont treat you as slaves. we treat you guys as people who appllied for a job to moderate servers. that includes fixing issues and taking complaints. you get tools to help you aswell.

if you dont like us complaining dont complain to us....