Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] FTB Downtime
Started by [E] VorTechs

Hey, I was wondering why FTB is being so...

...it's just crashing all the time and being laggy.

It has crashed 2 times in the last 2 days, and I want to know why.

Thanks!
I don't know but http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/clearlagg/ would help reduce lag.

we never have more than 20 people on. and im sorry to break it to you but theirs servers with 80+ on that have less lag. and i don't know of one without http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/clearlagg/ or its equivalent

-Lance
Thank you, but optifine type things don't work for me.
Lag is being caused by XyCraft updates. We are in the process of fixing said issues, and hope to get the server stable again within the next few days. As for the crashing, MyWarp has has numerous bugs that cause Java to have fits of crashing rage. Please be patient, we're working on it!
Thank you for explaining this, kosa. I hope it will be fixed in the next 1.5 update.
Thank you Kosa for explaining whats going on instead of keeping everyone in the shadows. This is the first time someone has explained whats happening to the server.
This is a little off topic but what does XyCraft do? if its not essintle maby remove it, also does this have any thing to do with all the water/oil being drained out of my iron tanks?
XyCraft is a mod geared towards providing an alternate to Industrial Craft and the like, a separate tech tree if you will. This mod, due to the fact that it is still very early in developmental stages, is not polished for multiplayer servers, therefore causing much lag. After the crash, myself and devanhoe (Deus Lemmus) went around the server removing Xycraft tanks and replacing them with the more stable Railcraft tanks. We tried to move the liquids in most cases, but in others we were unable to do so.
Server is down yet again.

Server Down for a few hours now.

I noticed at: 4/3/2013 @ 3:55PM Mountain Time. Server down.