Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] AWESOME fun mod minetown needs!
Started by [E] Mr.Flip

Adding mods like this is at the bottom of the to do list. This isn't just as easy as adding it and BAM it works, lots of things need to be set for it to work. Adding mods like mob tamer were very easy to implement and install and add very little in the way the game performs, even if someone didn't like those mods it wouldn't affect them.

The voting is only 2:1 in favor of getting this mod. For having such a change in game play it is not enough percentage of players saying "yes". As well there has only been 46 votes. Not near the full population of MineTown, showing that for the majority of players are not interesting in the topic.

I just do not see this mod getting implemented any time soon. At least not before other plugins are added and tested as well as other issues with the server.

Sorry guys.
Mr.Flip wrote:
its a simple mod its not like it will drastically change gameplay

Hey,

Sorry if I didnt replied on this thread earlier, im not ignoring anything, I saw it from day 1.

Just like for the vampire plugin, I'll take the time to review the plugin and explain why it shoulnt be added imo.

First,

With this plugin, the higher level you are, the higher drop rate of items you will get. If you are the maxium level, you will have alot of chances of getting 3 blocks when breaking 1. Im not sure If I like this feature. On one side, its a way to give back to people for their game activity. A bit like mmorpgs, the more you play, the better you are. But on the same note, this also means that it becomes unfair for those who arent active as much. So if you get 3x more blocks, it will be 3x more easier for you to build something. That way players that are active alot on the server would be advantaged. And the "the more you play the better you are" proverb doesnt really apply to minecraft. I dont personally think the game was designed to be a time consumer like those koreans game that never ends.

If it would be only this decision to take, it would be an acceptable plugin, but let me explain better why its not:

The pvp skills would affect pvp ALOT. Just consider some1 that plays everyday, and some1 that would connect on the weekends only. So this guy would get totaly owned in a pvp fight because he needs to go farm to level up ? Again, I think its a bit off the theme of minecraft.

The leveling could be funny, but pointless. What I see coming from this is a massive chat spam of "sawine just reached level 2 woodcut" "sawine is now level 3 mining" , just imagine that with 20-40 players online, and it would probally be worse for the 2 first week or so since everybody would be level 1 and would have to level up....

Party chat and party sytem : All i see coming from a chat feature like this is conflicts, conflicts and conflicts. Alot of different plugins are using variables in the chat system. The last time i added a chat channels plugin, it broke 3 necessary plugins.

"Turn gravel into clay with flowing water.. its magic, I don't got to explain derp" : will result in a extreme decrease of the clay value & rarity. Brick would become common and be over used everywhere like those random crappy full cobble houses you see poppin all around.

The admin chat feature will conflict too, we are already using another plugin for this.

HP regen affect pvp too... customizable spawn are useless feature (for more conflict will Essentials (the master of conflicts) )

And im definely not taking an hour to configure this plugin. There is really alot to configure on it.

As I said on another post, Im working on the war world and PVP will be introduced to the server in a really better way soon.

Sorry to disapoint you, but this plugin aint coming yet to minetown.

cya
man that gravel into clay would be fricken awesome i would be waht you can call a clay whore lols but yea if it causes conflicts and the like then dont get it and you have more inportantthings to do lols