Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Tekkit news and upcoming changes - Dec 5th
Started by [E] Italy08

Fettuccini wrote:
I haven't tried or even heard of Feed The Beast, but I've lost just about all interest in Tekkit by now. I vote for the change!

Sadly the burnout rate on tekkit is extremely high. What exactly do you do after you build your factory and have everything? Which is part of the reason I am for FTB. There is so much more to do after you build up your area.
Eh screw it let's just go to FTB. Just destroyed my entire base with tnt, no point in continuing with a reset coming.

We're gonna need a thorough examination of everything in this modpack so we know what to disable ahead of time to avoid another 10 map resets. This means researching the hell out of every block and going through all current bug lists.

If we go to FTB and have to reset the map again..... :ahhhh:
All I have to say is WHEN CAN WE MOVE!

well actually I also have to say Who wants to make a bee farm?
Feed the beast!!! A few questions:

Will portal guns be removed? (produce a lot of lag)

Is Gregtech going to be altered? (eaiser recipies for basic machines)

Will there be popular addons that will require you to mod your client? (extra bees)
Insert wrote:

Will there be popular addons that will require you to mod your client? (extra bees)

I can't speak for Italy or staff but I'm assuming that if popular addons are added someone on Minetown might make a client Download for it (possibly?)

I would try to but me attempting to add addons would cause a massive rip in the time continuum, thus destroying the world.
yeah, as you said. lets switch over ASAP! Feed the Beast will be much better thatn tekkit.
Currently going through FTB doing my research a bit more in depth.

So far I have only come up with removing:

The moon portal can be used to grief areas or kill players.

The live update of the portal views just seems like it would cause lag as it is constantly updating the view. Removing this will not in any way take away from the functionality of the portal gun.

Also would like people to note that the current release of FTB does not include Redpower. Redpower has not been updated since 1.2.5. Can't speak for the makers of the modpack but I am sure if a release of redpower comes out it will be added back in. This is probably for the best since we can play on a current patch instead of a very outdated one.

If anyone else would like to download the pack and report possible issues they find feel free to do so. The faster we get the research done the faster we can make it live depending on the results of the poll.

That being said it is my goal to find such issues before things become a problem so we can avoid removing items later or even worse a map reset. I would like to thank everyone thus far for being supportive of the decisions made and voicing their opinions appropriately. The success of this server lies with the community and we will continue to work hard behind the scenes to provide the best server experience possible for all to enjoy.
Insert wrote:

1. Certain aspects of portal gun will be removed. Mainly the moon portal and the live update. The rest of the mod will remain intact.

2. No

3. This has yet to be decided. For some reason its in the modpack server but not in the client requiring some setup by the user. If we can come up with a simple way for people to update it then yes it will be. Otherwise it's probably just easier to leave it out. Don't want people messing it up and crashing out over and over again since they didn't setup the IDs correctly causing ID conflicts.
Gotta say i'm really annoyed with another map reset >_>

I haven't looked at the videos, but i'm willing to try Feed The Beast.

So, is the Tekkit server just gonna, go? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
Italy08 wrote:
What exactly do you do after you build your factory and have everything?

Usually for me this takes time because I don't use, and hate, Energy Collectors.

But, I do believe there are many more things to do..

Make automated systems in farming, mining, building, creating etc.

Using the different blocks in Tekkit, attempt at creating new building styles/houses/towns(s).

Or just make another factory to build something else <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
All very valid points master but ultimately your doing the same thing over and over.

For example just got done going through mystcraft. Let me just say epic. I have wrtten about 50 different ages now that all take me to different places. I can now pretty much design what I wan't in a world. Sounds overpowered doesn't it? Well they added instabilities to it. Each world you go to is filled with danger. I have yet to write a stable age yet. You also have the possibility to get stuck in the age your in. Lets just say don't go anywhere without a linking book to get you back to the overworld (Current Age).

The people that invest their time within this mod are going to have a great advantage if they don't lose it all by getting stuck lol <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> It's these types of additions to the game that will be a great benefit to the server. Allowing each user multiple choices about what they would like to do. This is just one example of many within this pack.

As for what will happen to tekkit. It will be gone if we make the switch. Please note that pretty much everything you can do in tekkit can be done in FTB plus tons more. To be honest if we keep tekkit this might happen anyways further down the line due to the fact that we cannot get a straight answer about when tekkit will be updated. FTB is on 1.4.5.

I much rather have a mod pack that is willing to move on instead of keeping their users waiting for a update that may never come...