Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Petition to remove AntiCheat
Started by [E] Nintenzo

I'm actually not that fussed about AC, yeah i do agree it can be a bit frustrating at times but would rather that than my region being hacked or logging in and finding that all my items are missing. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't . With a bit more of a tweak over the course of a few weeks i reckon AC could be exactly where we want it to be. If AC does make us slow down a bit with block placing thats not such a bad thing either as the more users we got placing blocks at a time the more potential lag spikes we could potentially get so its all about compromise and i'm happy feeling safer with the occasional annoyance rather than being vulnerable or having a plugin that crashes the hell out of the server all the time.

If we were to go back to the old plugin it would mean so much time being spent on assuring compatibility with other plugins and such. That time could be better spent working on other things server side, thats just my 2 pence worth.

Agree or disagree i'm just putting it out their <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Doobee24
Jared5595 wrote:
We've already established that the source of the lag is all of the mob farms.

This whole thread is about the PvP server.
the OP had no indication that this was limated to the pvp server, and as AC spans all servers then it concerns all servers.
Super wrote:
Jared5595 wrote:
We've already established that the source of the lag is all of the mob farms.

This whole thread is about the PvP server.

*Walks Away Awkwardly*

I believe that it was mentioned that the mob farms was the cause of the lag so I thought it was a main server thread. Apologies.
BARNEY626 wrote:
the OP had no indication that this was limated to the pvp server, and as AC spans all servers then it concerns all servers.

The fact that this was under "PvP Server General Discussion" wasn't a big enough hint? And I also made a mention of "Fellow PvPers."
The AnitCheat's config file for the PvP just needs some tweaks, because plugins like mcmmo super breaker, etc. mostly makes you dc after time. Hope that the tweaks that yield did helps fixing it.
Super wrote:
BARNEY626 wrote:

The fact that this was under "PvP Server General Discussion" wasn't a big enough hint? And I also made a mention of "Fellow PvPers."

Being rude will get you nowhere, dude. Knock it off. Other staff mentioned the Main Server because it also affects the Main. PVP isn't the only one suffering due to AntiCheat glitches, we've all been dealing with it but it's being worked on.
Sorry. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
wawon0 (Minetown Miner) wrote:
Lock please this thread has done nothing but try to remove a good plugin

AntiCheat is not a good plugin. It is simply the only WORKING one available.
Super wrote:
wawon0 (Minetown Miner) wrote:
Lock please this thread has done nothing but try to remove a good plugin

AntiCheat is not a good plugin. It is simply the only WORKING one available.

It's not that AntiCheat is a bad plugin, it's just that in the config some of the settings are a bit sensitive.. Like yield said a while ago he tweaked some of them.