Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Petition to remove AntiCheat
Started by [E] Nintenzo

Ok, I've tweaked a few numbers, so wait until tomorrow. If AntiCheat on the PvP server doesn't improve let me know.
What ive been doing, and i swear i dont even notice anti cheat anymore, is just enchant a few iron picks with a lvl 1 efficiency and it no longer shows up, it cant be unbreaking, has to be efficiency, could be eff and unbreaking. Works like a charm!
Main server is still pretty bad.

Main problems are;

Fast breaking

Fast placing

Inv hacks

They reeeeaaaaallllllyyyyyyy need to be tweaked

The fast placing anyone can do, if you have blocks and you click fast enough. I don't see how hackers can place faster than normal players...

The fast breaking is plain annoying. Use an eff IV shovel and you get it every 20 seconds.... I shouldn't have to stop using high enchants because of a silly plugin...

And inv hacks. Erm I expect this is to detect duping? Well did you think people can shift click? I cannot shift click without it yelling at me... It takes forever to fill a chest now....

This really needs to be fixed, I think most players agree that this is the major problem with minetown at the moment. Worse than the lag in my opinion
Yield said he would fix the PvP server Barney. XD
look the reason anti cheat dosen't work is because minetown has constant lag spikes every 30 or so seconds if your placeing blocks in that time it will think they were all placed at once and there you have it fast placing, i would love to see the staff deny this one cause i got tons of proof for this i say we need another plugin, i have never seen anyone actually get caught and banned for anti cheat for doing something actually wrong so i'm not sure what good it does for us...
Rather than complaining and demanding something gets removed you should go about this a different way.

Go look up what anticheat does and come back with suggestions on how to change this. No point complaining if you don't understand what exactly the plugin is used for.

Complaining doesn't get you half as far as suggesting fixes and ideas on how to replace.
Okay, instead of removing AntiCheat, how about you guys fix the lag?
DanniDorrito wrote:
Rather than complaining and demanding something gets removed you should go about this a different way.

Go look up what anticheat does and come back with suggestions on how to change this. No point complaining if you don't understand what exactly the plugin is used for.

Complaining doesn't get you half as far as suggesting fixes and ideas on how to replace.

I have to agree with Danni here. I mean I understand AC isn't that great but at least it prevents some hacking/cheating.

If anything its just got to tweaked.
YouFoundMe wrote:
at least it prevents some hacking/cheating.

Unfortunately it also prevents people from doing the things that you're supposed to do in Minecraft, such as mining. And jumping. And running.
lancefortier wrote:
look the reason anti cheat dosen't work is because minetown has constant lag spikes every 30 or so seconds if your placeing blocks in that time it will think they were all placed at once and there you have it fast placing, i would love to see the staff deny this one cause i got tons of proof for this i say we need another plugin, i have never seen anyone actually get caught and banned for anti cheat for doing something actually wrong so i'm not sure what good it does for us...

You do realize 75% of the lag on main is because of all the mob farms the players have built, Nimaro being a prime example. If you really want the lag to stop, take out the mob farms as there really is no need for them