Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Petition to remove AntiCheat
Started by [E] Nintenzo

Danny wrote:
lancefortier wrote:
look the reason anti cheat dosen't work is because minetown has constant lag spikes every 30 or so seconds if your placeing blocks in that time it will think they were all placed at once and there you have it fast placing, i would love to see the staff deny this one cause i got tons of proof for this i say we need another plugin, i have never seen anyone actually get caught and banned for anti cheat for doing something actually wrong so i'm not sure what good it does for us...

You do realize 75% of the lag on main is because of all the mob farms the players have built, Nimaro being a prime example. If you really want the lag to stop, take out the mob farms as there really is no need for them

Can I borrow some peoples' kudos? I don't have enough to give that properly states how much I love this sentence.
Danny wrote:
You do realize 75% of the lag on main is because of all the mob farms the players have built, Nimaro being a prime example. If you really want the lag to stop, take out the mob farms as there really is no need for them

just to reiterate danny and yield
It's easy to yell fix it, fix it, but look at this realistically. Minecraft is far from being a stable game on it's own. Sure, it's past "Beta", but Mojang is throwing out updates fast enough and still making Bukkit have to start from the bottom each time, making plugin devs play catchup too, that there isn't time for the full chain from Mojang to players to iron out all the issues in one version before the next is at hand. Imagine if your city required all houses to be painted a specific set of colors and every two or three months the colors changed. You might get a lot of your house repainted, but probably not all of it before the next change. And sometimes the painting might be sloppy just because you are in a hurry to fix it.

What AntiCheat (and NoCheatPlus) does, is make it so all other players experience the game on the same level as you. How would you feel if, with me as being a regular member, could just load on a hack mod that lets me break 20 blocks at a time so I could blast through the underground to collect diamonds and other valuables? Or enabled me fly to get the perfect vantage point for auto-building a giant example of genitalia. These would be like finding some of your neighbors have been able to get free passes on having to paint their houses to the right colors ordained by the city.

Yes, we know AntiCheat isn't always convenient...often inconvenient, sometimes it does have bugs, and we're trying to adjust it to better figure out what's proper play and what's not. However, it's a process that takes real-world time and it's never been the only thing that needs attention.

Also, Danny is correct. The large amount of entities are contributing their own share to the lag.
bugs include getting kicked from the pvp server because you dig up mycilium too fast with a spade.

T_T
Dragoness, Danny, Danni, Yield, etc... have all pointed out good facts (and yes, i realize most of what i am saying will be re-iterating what has already been said). the other thing to those who say "fix it", "replace it", etc, is that thier obviously not programmers. to update the plugin after each MC update is time consuming (depending on what changes have been made), and then time to work out the bugs. once the plugin is ready, it takes a while to tweak it to the indivigual server. once a tweak has been made they have to wait and see to make sure it still does what its supposed to, they dont want to tweak it to much at a time so that they can make sure it isnt so lax that the hackers can get away with things. they just tweak it a notch or 2 at a time and wait to see if it has fixed it.
H13IX wrote:
Configuration is fairly self-explanatory

XRay:

Log xray stats: true to watch players and calculate percentages of ores, thus letting you know who might be using xray

Alert when xray is found: true if admins should get a warning for anyone possibly xraying

Track creative: true if players in creative mode should have their xray stats calculated

Events:

Level Medium: NONE to do nothing, WARN to send the player a warning, KICK to kick the player, BAN to ban them, COMMAND to issue a command from the console.

Level High: NONE to do nothing, WARN to send the player a warning, KICK to kick the player, BAN to ban them, COMMAND to issue a command from the console.

(When using commands, the string '&player' will be replaced by the player's name, so you can use this as a keyword in your command, such as COMMAND)

Medium threshold: max number of failed checks before the player gets grouped into "medium" level

High threshold: max number of failed checks before the player gets grouped into "high" level

System:

Auto update: true to let AntiCheat update itself seamlessly whenever there is a new update available. Automatically downloaded updates are applied when you restart/reload the server.

Log to console: true if every violation should be printed to console, false to suppress these warnings.

File log level: Level of logging we should record to the log files stored in /logs. 0 = off, 1 = log when an event takes place, 2 = more detailed logs, 3 = most detailed logs

Verbose startup: true to print everything the plugin is doing on startup to the console. You should not need this, it's only for debugging.

Block chat spam: true if AntiCheat should block players from repeating themselves over and over again and spamming the chat too fast

Block command spam: true if AntiCheat should block players from repeating commands over and over again and issuing commands too fast

Silent mode: true if AntiCheat should not cancel actions that cause cheat warnings (not block the actual cheat), but still have their level raise in the background and have admins alerted when they increase levels

Exempt op: true if AntiCheat should ignore ops and never check them for hacks

Enable in:

The list of worlds to be tracked will be put here. Remove a world from the list and AntiCheat will leave it unprotected.

Is this the config for the plugin? I found this on the Bukkitdev page for Anticheat...
Okay, okay, I see there's nothing to do about AntiCheat itself. In my experience, it seems (in regards to fastbreaking) that when the block you broke lags back and you immediately break it again, that's what sends AntiCheat into crazies. So FIX THE GODDANG LAG PLEASE ^_^

Then we'll hit 2 birds with one stone <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
i think we all get now that there is a current problem with anti cheat. i think we all get the fact that there isn't an easy fix and the mods are doing what they can. i hope we all understand the monumental task of taming such a plugin. i think we all respect those facts and its all very well for us to have a layer vs. staff (which is what this has turned too) but we really need not to just go WAAAA IT DONT WORK FIX IT NAO... the problem does need to be agknowledge but it needs to be backed up with an alternative or constructive statment...

basically we get the staff are working on it. players who dont understand whats needed to make this plugin behave are expecting the results to happen quicker without them doing anything.

what would help the staff is less bitching about it and more help, take a look at anti-cheat report forum, take some pics, make a vid of it being triggered? maybe even try and get what triggers it, e.g. how many blocks per X amount of time sets off fast placing? then relay this info to the staff?

i know im gonne get alot of stick for this post but i dont really care, i've just stated the facts that i can see... maybe everyone will disagree with me, maybe no-one but it doesn't matter, i feel i have made a positive controbution to the matter...

if you want to make the proccess quicker, go to the anti-cheat report forum. anti-cheat is here to stay. staff have made that decision now deal with it. we just need to work together to make the best of what we have.
i'd say this thread has served its purpose, /lock?
Super wrote:
Okay, okay, I see there's nothing to do about AntiCheat itself. In my experience, it seems (in regards to fastbreaking) that when the block you broke lags back and you immediately break it again, that's what sends AntiCheat into crazies. So FIX THE GODDANG LAG PLEASE ^_^

Then we'll hit 2 birds with one stone <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

We've already established that the source of the lag is all of the mob farms.

As a member with the best interest of the server and it's performance, I propose a mandate on Mob Farm limits; per player or per so many blocks.

Although this would be hard to enforce aside from limiting the use of spawners. My apologies for hijacking this thread and turning it to a lag matter.