Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Petition to remove AntiCheat
Started by [E] Nintenzo

Okay, so I think we all hate AntiCheat.

If you don't you must have a really good ISP, or you only happen to come on the server on it's good days (lag-wise).

Anything, I mean ANYTHING, would be better than seeing "FASTBREAKING DETECTED, stop in 10 seconds or you will BURN IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY" every time you try and mine something.

Having a mod follow you around IRL would be better than this.

It's impossible to mine efficiently. You can't jump around too much. You can't even move things around in your inventory too much!

Fellow PvPers, I ask you, for the sake of the server, nay, the WORLD... let us cleanse the Earth of this Godforsaken plugin known as AntiCheat.

-Baised Poll Removed-

I agree with totaly dumbing down or removing anti cheat, it does more harm than good to members. Bet someone is gonna kill me for this statement, ooooo it stops hackers from ruining the server... Which, hackers. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

MAKE THIS POLL UN BIASED OR IT WILL BE LOCKED
BARNEY626 wrote:
I agree with totaly dumbing down or removing anti cheat, it does more harm than good to members. Bet someone is gonna kill me for this statement, ooooo it stops hackers from ruining the server... Which, hackers. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

MAKE THIS POLL UN BIASED OR IT WILL BE LOCKED

Which hackers is exactly the point. We don't have hackers becuase this plugin prevents hackers. I agree, it's not the best plugin, but No Cheat Plus (our previous plugin) was causing issues and needed to be removed.

Note I also removed the extremely biased poll you added to the OP.
First things first, those questions are biased.

Second of all, we only have one other alternative, NoCheatPlus. We used to have this, but they are very slow on updating. The last update was for Bukkit 1.4.2 (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nocheatplus/) We need a plugin that keeps up with Bukkit. If we didn't have a plugin to detect hacking, the server couldn't be controlled. I understand that AntiCheat sometimes acts up, and can get annoying. But we don't want players running around X-raying and flying. The whole server would run a muck. If you can find a better alternative plugin, I would change my mind.
Well then. I guess there's no more to be said. You may lock this.
It's not that AntiCheat needs to be removed; it's that it needs to be tweaked. The fastbreaking is too sensitive, along with movement speeds. If someone was actually flying around, they would move much faster than running speed, and if someone was fastbreaking, they would break much faster than diamond without Efficiency IV or V. If the config can be modified to change these settings of what is considered flying or fastbreaking, then the issue can be resolved. If not, then the staff would need to make a custom version of the plugin that would have more tolerable values for fastbreaking and flying.
"FASTBREAKING DETECTED, stop in 10 seconds or you will BURN IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY"

I laughed out loud. So true.
So all I do now when I'm interested in playing on MT is run to my mine and check if the fastbreaking is still on- once I realize it's still on and I can't even mine 5 blocks with a simple iron pickax, I log. The server feels unfortunately unplayable in many ways because of fastbreaking and I don't really wish to partake in it until it's fixed.

Just my opinion.
Yes I agree with this 100%! Get NoCheatPlus
MellowCream wrote:
Yes I agree with this 100%! Get NoCheatPlus

Its already been said that the server used to use it, but was removed for causing issues. Do you really want a plugin that causes MORE problems than the one we have now?