Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] You're Opinion?
Started by [E] Mechman007

Hey guys, long time no chat! Sorry, ive been addicted to my single player world!

Anyway, whats you're opinion on this, read or skip to the big question:

So I was Minding my own business building away on 1.4.4 and suddenly I hear an explosion, I quickly set my game to peaceful incase and it turns out one of my guard Iron Golems attacked a creeper and nearly blew up my enchant room!

So I search the wiki as to why this happened, I thought it must of been a glitch, they arent suppose to attack creepers!

What do I see, as of 1.4.2 Iron Golems now attack creepers and slimes.

Big Question

Do you find this really stupid in you're opinion? Iron Golems are no longer a good defense unit as they are going to be attacking random creepers and blowing things up with out you even near!

Anyway, this isnt a rant, just wanted to inform you guys if you don't already know, and also see what you guys have to say!

Also, look at this as non modded server side, I know it would be good on servers with no explosion, but yeah, single player side with no grief protection.
Bump!
iron golems now make the creeper act like they would to a human player defending. same thing i guess
I Like it! - Please comment why

It would get you to play on the server again, where creepers exp block damage is turned off!!!!! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
@ Pillow, true but im not even in the area, in a whole different room, and I can't even choose if I want to fight the creeper or not, my iron golem just goes for it, doesn't lead it away from my valuables...

@xgamer LOL! We will see, im playing on Peaceful at the moment...
Im surprised people Like it! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f632.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":o">:o</object>

Put it this way, a creeper is outside but near one of you valuable chests, your out farming, and you might not hear the explosion, but it turns out your iron golem went for the creeper. Your valuables chest blew! But because you never heard it earlier, everything had despawned already <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object> #SadLife
Simple solution

Keep you stuff in a well lit area

= profit
True, lol, which I do! But every now and then find a random creeper, oh well! lol Hopefully more players will catch on and mojang may decide to change it back to not attacking creepers lol
Simple solutions:

1: Make skybase.

2: Don't build near villages, and don't make iron golems.

3: Protect your stuff with obby or water.

4: Light up your area.

5: Make water flow away from your stuff so creepers wont get near and explode stuff.

6: Moad.

7: Obby.

I find it pretty easy to protect myself from creepers and iron golems with all these options...