Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [Announcement] Accounts Being Hacked!
Started by [E] Zionia

Should be good enough, right?

IL9e0.png
Gotmilk wrote:
Grifff wrote:
that password is still ultra weak to a dictionary attack, better to use leet speak when making a password

Actually, not true, my 11 word password that uses 1337 speak lasts 501 years. Odarus's takes 345k <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

youre misunderstanding the concept behind a dictionary attack, his password example was super weak because it contained no numbers or symbols and was 3 words that existed <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> A program that was only using dictionary words could break his very quickly
Reminder: Pleaser only post things to help people with passwords here...pix of your security level are not included in this...

Multiword passwords do work well against dictionary so long as you include at least one oddity such as a number, leet, symbol or otherwise into one of the words to break the dictionary search. dictionary searches tend to only run through one word when searching, so the compounding of 3+ irrelevant words does significantly increase your security still even if it is just multiple words. I tend to do something similar to this with most of my passwords. one of my old ones was shakesteakfr3kle. note...i dont use that one anymore lol...but it breaks the dictionary search with the 3 instantly.
Persoanlly, I would use a combination of words, numbers, and in some cases symbols relevant to me... like so -

My lucky number? 7.

my favourite number? 64.

My name, shortened? Adz.

When was I born? 1995.

month/day? 7th of April

Dogs name? Benji.

Now, by placing these in a memorable order, you can get...

7adz640704born95benji7

but wait, there's more. hold down shift when typing this?

&ADZ^$)&)$BORN(%BENJI&

lo, the numbers are now symbols. looks a lot more complex.

Feeling like you're memory is running good? Why not add the last 3 digits of your phone number, the initials of a school, perhaps, and your name converted into numbers? (ie Adam is 1 4 1 13, basing A= 1 b =2 etc) and alternate your shifting.

last 3 digits of phone? 826

school initals? AVS

NumberName? 14113

mix into start...

7adz640704born95benji7826avs14113, before shift.

Now, say if i hold down shift every 5 characters...

7adz6$)&)$born9%BENJi7826aVS!$!13

is a 33-letter long password with uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and symbols.

I myself have a similar password (ie the structure) on most things I keep secure. by remembering number chains I can add vast complexity to it and end up with a combination of ucase, lcase, numbers and symbols, I'm pretty sure you're going to be safe.

Note: Although my password structure is similar to the one above, the characters themselves are completely different, so don't bother trying to log in as me XD I have written this as tips that I myself use and trust.
194 septillion years is what I got, so... I guess it's pretty good..
The one I did above, highlighted in green was A quattuordecillion years XD
I just use the password 'Password' for everything.

Seems to work fine.
Incidentally Coffeey, I heard you won the Spanish Lottery! Now, wait, I know you didnt have a ticket but you were the one millionth person to click the 'You have just won a free iPad' banner., and that's how you got entered.

Now, to collect your winnings, I'll need your bank details, please. I'll then mail them to my cousin Sanjay in New Delhi and you'll be a rich man by next week ^-^
Ha, well every time I log on there's all these 'hot local girls' looking for a good time.

They're only after my stuff though, I reckon it's all these iPhone5's I'm winning.
/locked

Ive asked multiple times for the extra postings that arent necessary to stop. If you have something important to add, message it to me and i will add it for the community.