Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Minetown Stock Exchange
Started by [E] Crazelmax

Crazelmax wrote:
hunter thats basically the stock exchange haha Well if it will cause to much trouble I guess we shouldn't Do it, but it is a cool thought i'd say!

What I think he meant was that he wants to build the actual building where the stock exchance is, not set up an actual functioning stock exchange.
I like this idea but last time I checke in history stocks helped start up the Great Depression and I never knew that could happen in minecraft
Fails at reading previous posts, destroyer... lol. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
To all those reading this in the future, this is NOT about actual stocks. This was a miscommunication between the OP and HunterKiller. Hunter is building the actual BUILDING, not creating stocks... stocks are nye impossible to create on a sever.
I have an exchange looking building for trading located on the main server at /warp towntrade. It is not a large building but is built to look like an older style trading/auction house. The vines got out of control since I didn't check on it for awhile.

Hello all

Actually I had an idea about a kind of stock exchange that could work in minetown as it is. It was discussed with some other players/mods but never put forward.

The is to let people sell their own stuff at a central place without caring about having a shop.

I dont know that much about stock exchanging but i think that a central place that allow people to sell/buy can be classified as one.

So my idea was:

- Have a big place with classified boards, meaning there is a board for stone, 1 for glass, 1 for brick, whatever. Goal is to have sell/buy signs grouped by category.

- Find a good way to give temp perms to people to set their own signs on the boards. (this works as it is, just not that easely)

- Have a set of people with perms to clear empty signs (or long standing ones). The ones in charge of the building.

I think this set of rules would allow people to sell/buy stuff easely. Better, people would not need shops (that are a pain in the ass to keep).

Notice that this is compatible with the actual player market, that i really like. Just another way to sell/buy stuff. Allowing people to sell there spare stocks easely.

PS: We had an working prototype of the stock market with a permission setting scheme, if anyone is interested I'll add details.
lostbit wrote:
Hello all

Actually I had an idea about a kind of stock exchange that could work in minetown as it is. It was discussed with some other players/mods but never put forward.

The is to let people sell their own stuff at a central place without caring about having a shop.

I dont know that much about stock exchanging but i think that a central place that allow people to sell/buy can be classified as one.

So my idea was:

- Have a big place with classified boards, meaning there is a board for stone, 1 for glass, 1 for brick, whatever. Goal is to have sell/buy signs grouped by category.

- Find a good way to give temp perms to people to set their own signs on the boards. (this works as it is, just not that easely)

- Have a set of people with perms to clear empty signs (or long standing ones). The ones in charge of the building.

I think this set of rules would allow people to sell/buy stuff easely. Better, people would not need shops (that are a pain in the ass to keep).

Notice that this is compatible with the actual player market, that i really like. Just another way to sell/buy stuff. Allowing people to sell there spare stocks easely.

PS: We had an working prototype of the stock market with a permission setting scheme, if anyone is interested I'll add details.

Um, that's like a huge item mall. And this was put forward by a player many months ago, I forgot who though. I distinctly remember him saying this same thing, though. A stock is a "good" that has no tangible value besides a piece of paper, in real life. It's just a way to invest. Again, if we want a stock exchange that works... it would be way too much of a hassle. If you want me to list the fist 10 thing that come to mind, I can. 20 is not a problem either. So I would like to see about this "prototype" stock exchange, if you don't mind. As... if it is a plugin, that's about all the server's resources. In addition, players need to be honest... and I'd guess 90% of the Minetown player base might not be honest. Even if they were honest, with everyone owning so much, there's bound to be mistakes which can cause too much fluctuation in stock value. So please tell me about this prototype you made. Were you selling items... or were you selling stocks?
Lost means actual tangible goods that were being traded. He just used the term stock exchange to cover the trading of materials or your on-hand stocks of items, not the shares of a business. The exchange is similar to the Creditshop except that it can be sold to and can deal with many more forms of materials instead of just unfarmables.
HKX-4-7 wrote:
Crazel, I didn't say I'd be starting a Stock Exchange. I said I'm building the Tokyo Stock Exchange. As in the building. xD

miscommunication-cake-fail-humor-demotivational-posters-1331076634.jpg