Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Griefer Day Idea
Started by [E] GammaGames

I thought of this idea, becuase messing around in the temp server is fun (especially if you get yourself a stack of tnt)

Two days of each month, everyone gets TNT/flint and iron or whaterver you want to use to grief. There are no rules, just like a temp. During these times, the map is hosted on the server it's on now (Notch's server?) Of course, there is a back up for the map, and after the 24 hour period the server goes back to normal and the backup is restored.
I wanted to do this when we first were changing from the old creative map to the new SMP one, but actual griefers beat me to it. This would be fun, just blowin shit up.
we should load up the old map if we do this xD
I'd start crying then gear. The nostalgia would bring me down.
And then I'll just cry as my game crashes for the 40th time because someone decided to build a max build height TNT tower and light it on fire while spamming the chat.

From,

Chris.
I don't think this is a good idea because some people might get confused and start stealing when it is over then we would have a big problem in our hands and people might start griefing and what if someone comes across someones secret stash of goods and when the greif day is over they go back and steal all of there stuff because if someone found my stuff I'd be pissed
-_- Well I mean you'd have to be pretty stupid to grief,you have to pay five dollars to get in,and you don't want to lost that money...also get on minecraft <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object> I think I'm all alone....
You've also got to think what it would say to a new user who doesn't know what's going on. It makes the server look like any other grief-filled server when infact it's probably the best large server out there, taking into account the balance between land and buildings, it's amazing and what convinced me to stay. (For an example of overbuilt servers, look at Reddit's server or PCGamerUK's, there's literally no land for miles)

In any web service, when trying to bring in new users, it's always better to look professional than to look like Zeus started spamming explosions on the ground.

From,

Chris.
goggyiscool wrote:
I don't think this is a good idea because some people might get confused and start stealing when it is over then we would have a big problem in our hands and people might start griefing and what if someone comes across someones secret stash of goods and when the greif day is over they go back and steal all of there stuff because if someone found my stuff I'd be pissed

I was hoping no one would think of that, its a good argument against it. Then, just how about we just go find awesome maps off the web and use those instead of our map with many secrets.
WallRunner wrote:
You've also got to think what it would say to a new user who doesn't know what's going on. It makes the server look like any other grief-filled server when infact it's probably the best large server out there, taking into account the balance between land and buildings, it's amazing and what convinced me to stay. (For an example of overbuilt servers, look at Reddit's server or PCGamerUK's, there's literally no land for miles)

In any web service, when trying to bring in new users, it's always better to look professional than to look like Zeus started spamming explosions on the ground.

But, cody would make an announcement (or some other admin) on the homepage so everyone would know, and to be a member you ahve to come here to sign up anyway
But most people (myself included) don't come to the site first, they see us on MCServers or a forum and hop online, then sign up. Rule of thumb in online accessibility, you have less than 5 seconds to capture your user's attention before they start forming opinions about your service. If those first 5 seconds are a frozen client because someone built a pig out of TNT and blew it up, they aren't going to want to come back.

Also, what happens if none of the admins get back online after they change it over to grief day? It might turn into a situation like we kind of have now where they can't change the map back and it gets stuck on giant-hole-to-bedrock-lagfest-land for say, a week?

If you really want to play around with TNT go download a map and setup a Hamachi server, invite people you want to play with and make giant exploding creepers! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

From,

Chris.