Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Using forcefield?
Started by [E] xgamer888

Username: xgamer888

When you were banned : (10/6/2012)

Person who banned you: Unknown

Reason you were banned "Access denied to server: Using forcefield on zombie server, modded clients are a big nono.

Here's a screenshot of when I try to log in: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36456167/Forcefield.png

Server: (I was on Zombie, but now cant connect to any.)

I'm not sure what forcefield is, though I'll google it after I post this. I'm using the Donator Client 1.3.2, found here: http://minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/4397796-donator-client-132 The skin pack is MaxPack_5. (also from the pack)

Hopefully this is just the Anti-Cheat acting silly again. It kicked me once earlier today for "flying" I believe.

Thanks guys!

-X

I just logged in today. Right when I logged in, I was in the Hub World, then did a /server zombie and it timed out. Now it once again say's the same msg.

Hopefully that helps! Thanks again guys!
I know I am not supposed to post on ban appeals, but I have some info on this ban.

Earlier, Chief91 and I were in the server (a couple nights ago). I saw XGamer, using forcefield. He was sitting in a little box so the zombies couldn't hit him with his arm swinging away, and items pilled all over the place on the floor outside the box.

I said: "Hey XGamer, are you there?" I did not get a reply, after I did not get a reply I knew he was using forcefield. About 3 hours later I came back in and he was still there swinging his arm, with even more items pilled all over the floor!

I'm sorry for breaking the rule about posting on a ban appeal, I just wanted to share what I know about this ban.

Temporarily ban me if you would like.
DylanBryanRoss wrote:
I know I am not supposed to post on ban appeals, but I have some info on this ban.

Earlier, Chief91 and I were in the server (a couple nights ago). I saw XGamer, using forcefield. He was sitting in a little box so the zombies couldn't hit him with his arm swinging away, and items pilled all over the place on the floor outside the box.

I said: "Hey XGamer, are you there?" I did not get a reply, after I did not get a reply I knew he was using forcefield. About 3 hours later I came back in and he was still there swinging his arm, with even more items pilled all over the floor!

I'm sorry for breaking the rule about posting on a ban appeal, I just wanted to share what I know about this ban.

Temporarily ban me if you would like.

You are not breaking any rules, you posted relevant information regarding a players ban appeal. Dont worry x
Hey Danni, and other staff members,

Would you be able to answer a few questions I have?

Who banned me?

Why was I banned?

What is forcefield? (I googled this, and all I got was tekkit information, the zombie server isn't running tekkit is it?)

I haven't gotten any information other then ~Dragoness telling me that my ban was done by a staff member when I thought it was having to do with the anti cheat.

I know you guys are busy, that's why I tried not to bother anyone about it. However I am starting to wonder what this is over and am hoping to resolve this soon.

Thanks guys!
You were banned because you seemingly set up an AFK Forcefield. Basically, it auto punched any time a tarrget came in front of you, giving you massive amounts of drops and XP as zombies were forced into a narrow pass to get to you, and also got several players using it. Whatever it was you were doing was an illigit use of moding.
Thank you very much Zionia for clarifying why I was banned.

I am going to go into great detail as to what I do do, to see if there needs to be a rule added.

I own two pieces of hardware that help facilitate this.

Cyborg RAT 7 Gaming Mouse (http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm)

Razer Nostromo (http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-nostromo)

Both of these pieces of hardware have macro support.

I have used both of these every day in my gaming, and even not gaming.

Games that I have used both in: Battlefield 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Eve Online, Command and Conquer 2&3. And of course, Minecraft.

Most games have a different profile.

How I use them in Minecraft:

On my RAT, I set it so that when I click the back button, it types 't/warp x888' without the ''s. T opens chat, and then it types out /warp x888. This is a wonderful thing. If I'm in free fall, or burning in lava I can use this to teleport to safety. Or if I just want to go home even, it's easier then typing it all out.

Also on my RAT, I have the forward button set to 't/craft' for my crafting table (as a donor) and my snipe (big red button on the side) is set to 't/chest'. Having to type all of those out all the time inspired me to spend the time setting these up correctly, making it function much easier.

On the Nostromo, I also have 't/craft' and 't/chest', along with other things such as 't/home' and 't/warp instock' and quite a few other warps that I have. Also I have a 't/DS LINK' to make duckshop easier. Also 't/stack' is useful.

I have another function on my Nostromo, and that's to key-bind mouse click to a button as a toggle or as a macro (clicking ever 50ms). So I have an "attack" set. This is VERY handy, as it allows me to not have to hold my left click down while mining or attack constantly. I just toggle it on, and mine where I want to, or farm cobble, or in this case, farm zombies.

Yes, I was sitting in a box with a 1x1 window opening that I could punch out and zombies could not attack me. It doesn't identify when a zombie was there, it just punched repeatedly. I was farming both XP, MTC, and items. I was sitting at my computer the entire time. Most of the time I watch netflix while doing it (I believe that the day I was banned, I was watching The Big Bang Theory). I can't leave on the off chance that my mouse get's bumped and brakes the box I'm sitting in, then zombies would have their nasty little way with my body; The Walking Dead style.

I do the exact same thing when I sit in my cobblestone generator. I sit there, and use a d-pick until it runs out, then stop it and use a new pick.

Is this against the rules? I was unaware that it was if it was. I would not want to put my ability to play on Minecraft in jeopardy. I very much like this server.

I know quite a few people that use a RAT or Nostromo or a Logitec g15 keyboard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logitech_G15) that operates in the same way. In many games they are all widely used and accepted. Razer indicates that the Nostromo is WoW friendly.

Are XP farms, or other farms against the rules as well? Many times I have gone afk near spawners (in 100% safety) where they drop mobs down to where the fall damage is 1 heart, then after coming back from a smoke, or being on the phone for 20 minutes, punch them through windows or where they cant kill me. An example of such a mob trap can be found at /warp freenmobs if memory serves.

If this is against the rules, I am truly sorry. I wish that you would clarify this.

Thank you for your time, and consideration,

-xgamer888
90% of that post is completely irrelevant to your ban...

There's nothing wrong with using Macro's, but you weren't.

You weren't continuously swinging, you only swung when a player got within hitting distance, and it did not matter what angle they came from, even when walking up behind, you started hitting them without turning. There are witnesses that can confirm this~

Macro's do not detect entities, so I'd like to ask you to explain this
How do I defend against something that I didn't do?

I was not using some form of detection, I was simply punching continuously. I am not using a modded client other then the one I listed above.

I know when using this in my cobble generator, it does not always show the action unless there is a block there to hit. Does this help?

Why would I jeopardize spending $300 (or more) in donations to get banned form a server that I enjoy playing on?

How could I detect entity's? Don't you guys have a way to scan clients? Can someone else with similar hardware reproduce what I did? I will gladly set up a time to do the exact same thing and FRAPS from my end if that could help. Can I send you my client folder or something?

My 90% irrelevant post was me explaining exactly what I do and how I do it. I tried to be as detailed as possible in hopes of clearing this up. If you would like to talk to me in voice coms, or if there is any other way for me to clear this up, please tell me.
auto punching for farming would be considered breaking the rule about 'using any mods/devices that enable a player advantage over others such as xray...etc' Do not set auto farming the way you do this with the clicking. That is the part breaking the rules. Odds are there is some way that this is also causing a glitch advantage by hitting in a complete sphere around you so that you hit anything coming at you. You should not be able to collect/gather things without pause if you are not actively in-game unless sitting at the collection point of a mob drop trap collection point. It also gives you a distinct advantage in PVP situations as all you have to do is line them up in sights and you auto-hit.

Using macros for commands is perfectly acceptable in the other ways you explained above.

I highly recommend you get rid of the auto-swing macro you have set if you wish to be allowed to return.

Considering this is your first offense, I am willing to unban you so long as you agree to remove it and never use it for anything in minetown again. I will note, that if you are caught for this same thing again, it will result in a permaban. If you agree to these terms, I will unban you on thursday.