Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Minetown's shrinking
Started by [E] jeremythewiz

Like I said before a lot of people just use the voting glitch to get the money without voting. I had no idea about the summer thing. I thought that more people would be on because there is no school. I wish we could do something about this voting glitch though. Now actually voting is great, that will get us a lot of people but just mentioning the server and putting a link to the website in like Facebook or YouTube can't hurt.
We will soon be implementing our new anticheat vote system... we are currently settting up the last details of it. Other factors that lowered our playercount recently are the 1.3 issues and lag which are also currently cutting down with some extensive server monitoring and profiling that allows us to pinpoint the problems on the server and we are currently looking into tweaking and increasing the performance of some of the plugins we use. On top of that, the release of our proxy should also help on the player count. ... and there are other reasons as some people mentionned in this thread, each of these affects the server is some way.

In the end, the current MT population might be a bit lower than what it used to be on average, but I wouldn't say that this is something permanent or that everyone is gone for good.
Sawines words of wisdom
Population can't grow when large chunks of minecrafters are banned. Food for thought.
sovietscottie wrote:
Population can't grow when large chunks of minecrafters are banned. Food for thought.

God knows I disagree with some bans, but most are banned with good reason.
... i dont think minetown has banned ''large chunks'' of the ~6 million people that have bought minecraft -_-
Perhaps people are slowly moving on from Minecraft altogether. It is not odd for a game to decline in popularity after a while.
Hagan wrote:
Summertime causes a drop in membership sometimes. Other servers are probably experiencing the same issue. I had the same issue on a forum years ago with members. Happens every year.

Hagan has the right idea, summertime is the time you'll see a dip in activity on any gaming server I know myself and others work unfortunately and others are taking a break/vacation...I feel that when te summer is over and the year starts people will be more active and I can guarantee. But like most people said continue to vote and recommend Minetown weather it be online or in real life.
Yep, people are spending their time outside! Who wants to play video games when you can be out doing things like hiking, swimming etc etc. Nobody wants to sit around on their bums all day in such pretty weather <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

We'll see a big increase once things settle down, if people vote properly and once autumn comes.
Biased poll is biased. There is no 'Yep, it's shrinking"