Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Moderator issues
Started by [E] jeremythewiz

I think moderators are getting to greedy. There job is to do PE's and ban griefers but I find that a few are starting to abuse there powers. I am not going to point fingers but mods have rules to follow to right? and whenever they do something that a normal person would be kicked for they are not punished. I asked a mod to jail me for a few seconds so I could see what the jail was like and instead of just saying no, Said mod muted me. Said mod said that he/she would un mute me in 5 min and I had to wait 15 minutes instead. I definitely think that we need moderators but they don't have the right to do anything they want. You can't even defend yourself or they will kick and then ban you. Plus I have seen people make mistakes and they are still perm banned all because of one slip up. A staff member once banned like 54 people in 24 hours. I am not saying that they did not deserve it but that is still a lot and I bet at least 5 of those where minor offenses. Minetown is falling apart and we are losing people by the day. I don't want to see Minetown become a sad little server with like 5-10 people on it but I think that's where we are headed. I just don't like to see normal members run over like they are nothing. Without normal members there is nothing for mods to do. Of course we still need moderators I just think that they get away with a bit to much. Sawine is a great leader and nothing the mods do will change that though.
Oh and by the way I am not planning to like overthrow Sawine or anything
allright i rarely speak my true mind so here it is

i will point my finger at the function of having power it is very hard to have power and not abuse it

<jallaf> falls under this category and to be blunt this is not a democracy and theirs nothing you or i can do about it

i have had admins tell me to go Chocolate my self on mumble thus why i don't use it even if their not breaking rules their rude to me so theirs no point i would only use it if i was staff and

i'm ready to be crucified for speaking my mind

so please make it quick and painless
jeremythewiz wrote:
Oh and by the way I am not planning to like overthrow Sawine or anything

and yes sawine does an excellent job
I know. Watch us be banned for speaking our mind
maby but i have worked hard to get where i am today so its a pretty big deal for me to do this i will tell you a ban means a lot more to me than you.

-Riker
A ban means a lot to me to. This is by far my fav server
First off, you have no right to be calling all of us abusive with our powers. Sure, that banning spree did seem excessive, but how would you like it if you had a server and let thieves/griefers run rampant? We allow the banned players to appeal for a second chance on the server, and no, we do not bring them all back because they are not always sincere. Remember: a ban is NOT always a permaban! Second, the jail plugin is not one to be enjoyed by the members. If you are put in there, you obviously did something wrong to start with. Jail is NOT a place to hang out just because you think it's fun. Sawine and the other staff managers picked us for our position for a reason: we have proven that we are responsible enough to represent the server, and are willing to accept the punishment for failing to do so. You act that we try to act against sawine and follow our own set of rules. That couldn't be farther from the truth. Even if we hired more staff, they still follow the same rules, same jobs, same everything the other staff do. Staff WILL come and go, but the rules stay the same. The position itsself goes beyond just answering to the call of the members. We allow the players to speak their mind, but it is posts like this that make us have to take our jobs more seriously. If you have a problem with one of the staff, then contact us, instead of making posts like this.
I want you to take your jobs more seriously. The entire server depends on you guys and you are very appreciated. Also I have every right to say some staff members are abusing there powers. I have seen mods kick people for back talking them. We do have rights as most of us are American citizens. The no swearing rule I understand as I have the same rule on my server. Some people made mistakes and want a second chance. Yes they did something wrong but they don't even get a second chance. The only reason someone ever gets unbanned is because there was a misunderstanding. I agree that people should respect Mods and staff but simple back talkers get kicked. My brother got a 48 hour ban and he wasn't unbanned for about 5 days. I am just speaking my mind. I think that the people that where chosen to be staff by Sawine deserve it but power does corrupt.
jeremythewiz wrote:
I think moderators are getting to greedy. There job is to do PE's and ban griefers but I find that a few are starting to abuse there powers. I am not going to point fingers but mods have rules to follow to right? and whenever they do something that a normal person would be kicked for they are not punished. I asked a mod to jail me for a few seconds so I could see what the jail was like and instead of just saying no, Said mod muted me. Said mod said that he/she would un mute me in 5 min and I had to wait 15 minutes instead. I definitely think that we need moderators but they don't have the right to do anything they want. You can't even defend yourself or they will kick and then ban you. Plus I have seen people make mistakes and they are still perm banned all because of one slip up. A staff member once banned like 54 people in 24 hours. I am not saying that they did not deserve it but that is still a lot and I bet at least 5 of those where minor offenses. Minetown is falling apart and we are losing people by the day. I don't want to see Minetown become a sad little server with like 5-10 people on it but I think that's where we are headed. I just don't like to see normal members run over like they are nothing. Without normal members there is nothing for mods to do. Of course we still need moderators I just think that they get away with a bit to much. Sawine is a great leader and nothing the mods do will change that though.

About the staff member who banned 54 people , You know those where guests who join .. and go

"OFMG JOIN MY SERVER PLZ IP mc.minetown.net"

"z

z

z

z

z

z

z

z

z

z

z