Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] tekkit server roll back. we want a reason.
Started by Unknown User

MastaC729 wrote:
If people are still abusing the items from EE, I will have no choice but to ban EE entirely. That is why griefing is so bad; people can do w/e they want and get away with it.

You don't have to ban EVERY EE item, just the ones that make wholes, spawn lava, etc.
MastaC729 wrote:
If people are still abusing the items from EE, I will have no choice but to ban EE entirely. That is why griefing is so bad; people can do w/e they want and get away with it.

I kind of agree with that, banning EE will stop many griefers.

However, the items were previously unbanned, and many people including myself have lost everything we own(ed).

Do the players get a refund?

I will be honest and say that I have actually moved on from MT Tekkit, as I was so annoyed at losing everything.
not to thrilled at the prospect of losing EE, i depend on the condenser enormously in my builds... losing that would mean me leaving the server as well. i think EE is WAY to intergrated into tekkit to just simply remove it. maybe just removing the items that bypass WG?
MastaC729 wrote:

Bad idea.

Patch it so it doesn't destroy in protected areas, not hard.

EDIT: The reason it happens is because bukkit doesn't understand tekkit. When you hit something with an EE item, bukkit doesn't know what just happens. Patching the mod so that EE damage is tied to a player's actions instead of EE itself, protections act as if the player has tried to destroy in a protected area, rather than the mod, so it rejects it. Similarly, EE tool damage is also logged in HawkEye upon patching, and even shows the player that did it (not that they'd even be able to damage protected areas, so it shouldn't be necessary). SImilar patches can be applied to computercraft for example, so you cant turtle spawn down etc.
Why is everybody saying we should ban ALL of EE, why not only ban certain items?

Sorry, but I don't get it :/
Or don't ban any and do what I said...