Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] tekkit server roll back. we want a reason.
Started by Unknown User

the tekkit server was rolled back on 18/8/12 about a whole day from what i see. im not happy along with others

it better be a good reason cos i know someone who's whole house is gone.

EXPLAIN
Don't know anything about the rollback, but most people were griefed(Including myself), this is probably why.

What I would also like to know is;

Why were such items that could cause destruction allowed on the server in the first place?
I'm not fully aware of the situation on the Tekkit server as MastaC729 is in charge of it... but by the looks of it, it seems something crashed the server and it wasn't saved before it happened....

I will pass the message to Masta and I will look into the issue....

... and no rollbacks were ever intentional... so even if you ask for "a good reason".... the reason is probably a bug in the Tekkit software that needs to be patched.
The reason for the griefing is that the server seems to have been a little rushed into.

The most destructive items in the game (Items that bypass even WG protections) have all been left unbanned.
thanks for clearing that up sawine
Ok, Barney, something else, the random lightning strikes that blow up houses and kill the person inside destroying all of their items is one hell of a glitch.
Nakedtime wrote:
Ok, Barney, something else, the random lightning strikes that blow up houses and kill the person inside destroying all of their items is one hell of a glitch.

Don't know whether your being sarcastic...

But that's a ring mate <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> (Intentionally done by players)

Pretty sure its this one: http://thetekkit.wikia.com/wiki/Ring_of_Arcana
Or it could be the SWRG during a Storm... I like using Lightning in abandoned areas... <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>:D:D
sawine wrote:
I'm not fully aware of the situation on the Tekkit server as MastaC729 is in charge of it... but by the looks of it, it seems something crashed the server and it wasn't saved before it happened....

I will pass the message to Masta and I will look into the issue....

... and no rollbacks were ever intentional... so even if you ask for "a good reason".... the reason is probably a bug in the Tekkit software that needs to be patched.

I understand MastaC is busy with things, but i'm sure me and many other Tekkit users would love some response from him just to reassure us?
If people are still abusing the items from EE, I will have no choice but to ban EE entirely. That is why griefing is so bad; people can do w/e they want and get away with it.