Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Tampering With Griefer Trap Ban
Started by [E] Dylan

I would like to add something.

I think a lot of people who put items in chests do so just to see if anything happens if they tamper with the chest. And I believe a good portion of people ,who put items in the chests, are those who are ready to steal if nothing happens after putting an item in the chests.

And also, this has been mentioned before. There are times when id rather not have a certain item put into one of my chest. People who find the current rules to be ridiculous dont understand how annoying it can be to have to remove crap from a certain chest. And it could also bring confusion to the chest owner.
abzilla wrote:
Even so if its just the trap chests..It doesn't matter you didn't place it right? Then you have no right to touch it period end of story. Plus the chests they are stealing from and or "tampering" have DO NOT TOUCH signs all over em. I think you'd get the point if you had seen one. But still they go into something that ISN'T THEIRS. What makes the difference between putting something in another chest and taking out from another chest? If i didn't give you perms to go into my chest people still do. WHICH IS AGAINST THE RULES! so by all

means ban the people touching chests that don't belong to them.

Its logical, really... You don't go into a policeman's house, and touch his stuff. He's the one with the power to arrest you. Same with these houses.

It's common sense.
ALSO! when people put stuff into the chest it leaves a log that means the staff member checking the trap will have to look through more logs to find the people stealing. which could of been used elsewhere like pes and such which should be done aswell. instead of looking through the logs.
soccer im for banning people lmfao im just saying its annoying. i mean if they just look in it that should be nothing really but if they take or put in it doesnt matter. its not theirs at all. they shouldnt be touching if they want to tempt the staff members by putting stuff in let them. i think they should get banned for wasting staff's time.
I will, however, say a ban is a little extreme. I would see it a bit fairer if the person simply adding items were to receive 2 (or so) hours of jail time.

To me, the offense seems along the lines of posting in a ban appeal.
abzilla wrote:
ALSO! when people put stuff into the chest it leaves a log that means the staff member checking the trap will have to look through more logs to find the people stealing. which could of been used elsewhere like pes and such which should be done aswell. instead of looking through the logs.

This excuse has been used so many times.

As with my example with giving a present to Danni, I didn't know that was a grief trap that was going to be looked through, as with a lot of people. There was no foul intention at all.
yes mabye as soccer says a jail time instead of ban. or something but i see as these people are just waiting to see what will happened. or some could be like that not all are (matt) but some are. some people like to test the waters before they jump in.
"I believe the punishment should be based around how sincere the "thief" is and/or the extent of how badly they messed with the traps.
Ban em all, let the committee sort them out. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";-)">;-)</object>
Guys its simple. It's not about what you put in the chest or out of the chest. It's the fact that there is one SIMPLE rule to follow. By messing with the chest it shows that you can't follow an easy rule or have no care for the rules. A ban sorts the player out and teaches them that they need to start thinking of the rules while playing.