Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Tampering With Griefer Trap Ban
Started by [E] Dylan

PokemonGardevoir wrote:
Let's say you own a shop. your shop has the same anti-thief security as the shop next door to yours. Your shops both sell t-shirts. You take one of the shirts from your shop, without removing the security clip, and bring it into the shop next door. The shirt sets off the beeper, and if you don't investigate a little further it would look like you were stealing a shirt from their shop.

As much as I think it's unfair to be banned for putting items in, you should realize that messing with the chests in the first place will get you in trouble. It's also like ringing the fire bell when there isn't any fire. It's a false alarm and is a waste of time and energy. If you really are innocent, it will be settled in the ban appeals. The time you spend being banned is the price you pay for wasting a mod's time tampering with the traps.

I think the people that put up these traps are bringing it upon themselves when they make these traps and have to constantly refill it.
When other players place items into the chests, these items can seem enticing to other members encouraging them to take the same items out. Messing with the traps in any way is a ban. It may seem unfair to you, but this is how it is.
Hayden I understand what you are saying, but Leo told me he puts items in there himself to catch the members. So whats the difference? He is putting items in the chests that can seem enticing to other members encouraging them to take the items out.
He has been putting the stolen items back into the chests probably, which is usually what we do after a theft.
Hayden775 wrote:
He has been putting the stolen items back into the chests probably, which is usually what we do after a theft.

He cant put stolen items back in he puts new ones back in. the stolen ones are gone with the people he banned.
If an item gets stolen, staff replace the stolen items. Putting items in or out of the grieftraps is still considered tampering. It's not our fault if you don't read the signs that say "Don't mess with the traps, you WILL be banned".
Peon135 wrote:
Hayden775 wrote:

He cant put stolen items back in he puts new ones back in. the stolen ones are gone with the people he banned.

Not necessarily.

We can view players inventorys, even if they are not on the server. Usually, the stolen items are still in their inventorys.
DylanBryanRoss wrote:
Hey guys,

I just wanted to point out something. Today I learned that if you put items in the griefer traps, you will be banned. I do not understand why this is. Someone puts an item in and they get banned? It's not like they stole anything from the chest!

I don't think this is right, I have talked to a few other members and they agree with me.

Tampering with a chest, you do not own, is against the rules. As a member of minetown, it is your duty to be considerate of other players. The owner's of those chests may not like you adding items, without their explicit permission. Also, dealing with trap chests is a staff duty. By adding items, you are interefereing with staff duties, which breaks rule #2, WHICH you agreed to, upon becoming a member.

I get that you're trying to help, but this is a staff duty. Your time could be spent better, in-game building the fantastic builds you see around Minetown, than trying to help staff, in their 'detective work', if you will.

As a side note: Why would you give up YOUR items, that you PROBABLY worked hard to get, just to catch someone?
DylanBryanRoss wrote:
Hayden I understand what you are saying, but Leo told me he puts items in there himself to catch the members. So whats the difference? He is putting items in the chests that can seem enticing to other members encouraging them to take the items out.

Leo still carries the Helper tag next to his name. As a helper, he inherits staff duties. Staff duties include dealing with these traps.
Even so if its just the trap chests..It doesn't matter you didn't place it right? Then you have no right to touch it period end of story. Plus the chests they are stealing from and or "tampering" have DO NOT TOUCH signs all over em. I think you'd get the point if you had seen one. But still they go into something that ISN'T THEIRS. What makes the difference between putting something in another chest and taking out from another chest? If i didn't give you perms to go into my chest people still do. WHICH IS AGAINST THE RULES! so by all means ban the people touching chests that don't belong to them.