Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Tampering With Griefer Trap Ban
Started by [E] Dylan

Hey guys,

I just wanted to point out something. Today I learned that if you put items in the griefer traps, you will be banned. I do not understand why this is. Someone puts an item in and they get banned? It's not like they stole anything from the chest!

I don't think this is right, I have talked to a few other members and they agree with me.

A few months ago, I was wondering around spawn. I walked into Danni's House, which I didn't completely realize was a Griefer Trap. I had some green wool in my inventory, and decided that would be a nice present for her, so I put it into the chest. To think that now, I would have been BANNED for that seems quite ridiculous.
sorry i dont wanna get cake bombed or other unstackable items in my chests everywhere -.-
Abzilla does your post have anything to do with this?

I am not talking about personal chests, I am talking about the griefer traps.
I think putting these items in a chest out in the open- Even WITH signs saying not to, that's just a complete temptation for guests. as well as they are poor and looking for money -Also keep in mind hero chat makes it so we automatically have it set to not listening to what guests have to say so we cant help them with their money situation either (unless of course we put on the guests channel).

Not trying to make anyone mad or trying to put myself into a stupid situation that could end in my ban, but I think the 55 people banned today could have been really nice members of this wonderful community called minetown if only we gave them a chance to go out and start their own little projects aswell as to listen to what they have to say and help them Hense the multiple people named helpers.

Not to mention that i've heard the community has died down a little bit.
Peon is right! These new members barely have any money and would be tempted to take these items for personal gain.
Woah woah woah. This thread is about tampering, not stealing. Let's stick to one topic for this thread.
:offtopic:

(Notice this is irrelevant to the actual thread and more to griefer traps)

I can tell you now that Grief traps will stay. It's a way to weed out the bad players in our community. You put up a point that new players might be tempted to take it. Well, that's like saying robbers might be tempted to hold a store up. We do not tolerate any stealing at all. We have so many ways to get free money, yet they still resort to stealing from these. On this topic, traps are staying.

:offtopic:

Back to your discussion on if they should be banned for tampering with them.
Let's say you own a shop. your shop has the same anti-thief security as the shop next door to yours. Your shops both sell t-shirts. You take one of the shirts from your shop, without removing the security clip, and bring it into the shop next door. The shirt sets off the beeper, and if you don't investigate a little further it would look like you were stealing a shirt from their shop.

As much as I think it's unfair to be banned for putting items in, you should realize that messing with the chests in the first place will get you in trouble. It's also like ringing the fire bell when there isn't any fire. It's a false alarm and is a waste of time and energy. If you really are innocent, it will be settled in the ban appeals. The time you spend being banned is the price you pay for wasting a mod's time tampering with the traps.
Mmm Yeah sorry for being off topic, but (still off topic) Guests dont know about the looting places and voting because we never talk to them :/