Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Donation perk
Started by [E] jeremythewiz

On this server I used to play on, if you donated $10 you would be able to fly. I think that was a bit cheap for flying. I think that if someone donates 50 or 75 dollars they should be able to fly. This would just be a cool feature and I would like to here your feedback.
Ummmm. No it's a bad idea. People could use it as a unfair advantage in PvP, and this is a survival server. Even if it WAS a perk it would maybe be a 500 perk, as 300 donors get /jumpto and that is nothing compared to being able to fly.
The topic of flight being given to donators has been brought up a lot and I can tell you, it will not happen.

Think about it. The more people flying on the server, the more lag that the server has with everyone hovering above you, flying at ridiculousness speeds,

$300 Donators get the infamous /jumpto, which is probably the closes donators are going to get to flying. Sorry.
Fly isn't a donation perk because it causes a large amount of lag (Plus the unfairness that moon mentioned). When people fly, the chunks load more frequently and at a much faster pace.
You should replace the /jumpto on the $300 with /fly. That way not many people would be flying and the money you got from people donating could be used to deal with the lag. But if you think it wouldent work then thats fine.
lag isnt fixed like that -_- fly is a perk only for staff, there is no need for anyone other than staff to have flying abilities. if you want to fly so bad, you can go on the tekkit were there are mulitple ways to get airborn, or go on the creative server, which is self explanitory.
Lag is fixed if you upgrade the hardware the server is run off of. Thats how I would use the money but I know that there are other expenses.
jeremythewiz wrote:
Lag is fixed if you upgrade the hardware the server is run off of. Thats how I would use the money but I know that there are other expenses.

http://www.minetown.net/serverfeatures We can't upgrade the hardware much more. It's going to lag anyway if we have 30 people flying at the same time.
*Sigh* No. Stop argueing in favor of it. There is a reason that people don't fly on MT, staff gets it because it helps them do thier work and as some sort of compensation with doing your PEs, etc. Now, stop trying to get it done, if this did happen, I say that a 10k Donator Package should include it. >.>
This server probably cost 2,500 dollars to run a month lol there's the expenses