Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] How many did you get?
Started by [E] MillionAcers

ronvandorp wrote:
Sadly, four stacks of blocks is not much in terms of building materials either.

Exactly. People are looking at Emeralds as being a form of currency; this is the wrong perception. 9 Emeralds makes 1 Emerald Block which is the only thing that can be made from Emeralds. This extremely devalues Emeralds as they have no use other than cosmetics for the avid "creative" builder. As someone stated above: 14 double chests of resources to produce 4 stacks of Emerald Block. Having a few Emerald Block walls in a building is not worth that to me nor to anyone who actually thought about it.

If anything Villager Trading is absolutely stand-alone from a player run economy and should remain so. Keep it enabled for those who wish to create green structures by sinking copious amounts of time or MTC into buying resources to trade for Emeralds.
Of course getting 4 stacks of emerald blocks in an hour is something I cannot keep up for very long because it is very resource depleting.

The problem is not getting the emerals, but what you could buy for them in return.

I would like to keep emerald blocks purely as a building material, not as a currency. Basically, it should function like lapis.

This can be reached by either only enabling one-way villager trading, or by selling the emerald blocks in the adminshop / creditshop and disabling villager trading.
yfzpurgatory wrote:
ronvandorp wrote:
Sadly, four stacks of blocks is not much in terms of building materials either.

Exactly. People are looking at Emeralds as being a form of currency; this is the wrong perception. 9 Emeralds makes 1 Emerald Block which is the only thing that can be made from Emeralds. This extremely devalues Emeralds as they have no use other than cosmetics for the avid "creative" builder. As someone stated above: 14 double chests of resources to produce 4 stacks of Emerald Block. Having a few Emerald Block walls in a building is not worth that to me nor to anyone who actually thought about it.

If anything Villager Trading is absolutely stand-alone from a player run economy and should remain so. Keep it enabled for those who wish to create green structures by sinking copious amounts of time or MTC into buying resources to trade for Emeralds.

I would like to point out that any successful currency is nothing short of absolutely worthless. Just look at the pieces of paper in your wallet. It's not that they have no use, because if anything, that makes them more stable as a currency.
Yes it is going to be bad in the short term and the economy will get pretty bad but it is a game. If you look at all the past new inclusions into the game they have all eventually evened out. People will get bored with the trading after a while and thats just how games are. However in the short term things do need to happen. arrows everyone has a billion of those who cares. Those sort of things arent going to hurt us as a community but chain mail trading is. My solution is that you diable trading with the Blacksmith, Priest and Libarian. Not sure if it can be done but this will rule out all the ''dangerous'' objects.