Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [Official] Minetown Needs You! Help Build!
Started by [E] DanniDorrito

Hello Everyone!

As you know staff have been working hard on making new worlds for Minetown.

One project we have been working on is the Dwarfen Realm, we would very much like the community to be involved in helping us with its development! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Below is the original snapshot of what was entered into the competition so you have a general idea of our theme:
Quote:

Name:

Dwarfen Realm

Type:

PvP, Survival, Roleplay, Event

Public:

Members and Donators

Generator:

Custom made with love

Description:

The entire map will be underground and filled with small and large caverns (Similar to the 404 challenge cavern and in some places much, much larger). The spawn area will be a large protected dwarven fortress, mobs will be similar of those in Hard Mode so mining will prove more difficult. The world will be split into two sections (split horizontally so there would be an Upper Half and a Lower Half) The upper half will be pvp disabled while the bottom half pvp will be allowed. Resources will be 10% rarer on the top half but 10% more abundant on the lower half. 'Temples' and forgotten ruins will be spread throughout the map ready for players to uncover. Some will be merely decorative purposes but others will hold hidden treasures and maybe even a quest or two to uncover more secrets of The Great Dwarven Temple located within the spawn area. A small shop within spawn will sell items which would be unobtainable within a cavern world such as seeds and grass ect. LWC will be enabled (/cprivate for players who didnt know what LWC meant lol). Could also have loot chests implemented within Temples to help survive mobs.

Other notes:

Will need a discussion as to if players will be able to carry items over or not, if TNT should be enabled (or if it should be able to do player damage but not environment damage) and also need to think about if region protections should be unlimited or restricted.

Note: If items are not to be carried over then maybe put some sort of plugin in place that players can carry X amount of items over to the main world for a certain amount of minetown credits (Such as spawners, diamonds and other useful items lol )

- We're looking for well designed temples and ruins which players can discover when mining within the Dwarfen Realm

- A few puzzles for players to get through and at the end a loot chest which they can go to again and again within a certain time frame

- A lot of commands will be blocked when entering the temple so make sure players can get out of some sort of exit after they complete it

- Make as many death traps and pit traps as you want, but make sure everything you design resets automatically since staff will not upkeep the temples.

- The temples will be region protected so players cannot destroy them, so make sure your temples don't involve breaking blocks!

- We can make mob-spawning allow/deny in any part of your temple, just in case you would be interested in this!

- Your temples can be simple jump/maze temples to over complicated redstone contraptions =P

- The temple will be underground completely surrounded by stone, we can protect the area around it and make a nice entrance area which players could mine into

Start Building!

You can start creating these temples on Minetown's Creative Server, good luck!

IP: create.minetown.net

Note: Please do not feel offended if we do not chose your temple, we will make sure everything built is taken into consideration <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Finished Building!

Once you have completed your design please post the format below and include a screenshot or two if you like!
Quote:

Ingame Name:

Temple Name:

Temple Description:

Co-ordinates & Plot Size (Creative Server):

Screenshots:
I can't Build =(
Locklionheart wrote:
I can't Build =(

What as in your busy?

Or you can't get a plot?

Or your just shit at building? Joke <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

Explain yourself man! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Oh cant wait to see the build that people are going to come up with!
Is there a suggested Texture Pack that we should use?

I think the most common one is Sphax Pure BDCraft.

But something like Faithful, JohnSmith's or Dokucraft would probably suit a Temple better?
No suggested texture pack. All players have different texture packs and some use default so the temple would be viewed differently by different players regardless. Just supply screenshots of your temple so we can see how you view it x
will it be possible to define whether or not there is pvp in a temple or will that just be defined by whether the temple is in the lower or upper half?
Yes, you mention in the description if you want pvp enabled or not, that will determine where it is placed in the map x
I want to help danni can u unban me so i can help and u can ban me again after if u want please if some one says minetown needs help i cant resist please
Danni, could we upload World Saves and/or schematics too?

The same way we do on MCBall when submitting arenas.

I just think it's easier to build structures like these in singleplayer, where we can use WorldEdit to our heart's desire.