Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Economy
Started by Unknown User

ya ninja is right. gold is a good standard tho
in most cases i think that barter will serve us better than currency because while gold would be a good standard some people don't need gold and would be more interested in useful materials.
I have to agree with ninja.

Just make everything in gold value, and then ppl can trade with stuff

lol @ Lion, hes back and forth.
i am very confuzzeld they are both very good ideas. so i am now neutral
There is a simple reason why we should use gold as the standard for money. The fact that it has no use. But a question arises from this. If there is no use for gold, why would you want it for your materials? People would want it so THEY in turn could buy things. Some cities maybe charge gold for a lot or other reasons. If this is an rp server, we need some sort of standard for money. Another thing could be that diamonds are a really high monetary value; ie 1 diamond=10 gold and iron is a bit lower monetary value ie 1 gold= 5 iron. This gives us a way to actually buy things from shops, other than hey i want to buy your pickaxe, but all i have is cobblestone so i will have to pay you with that. Perhaps that person doesn't need cobblestone... then what? He won't sell it and so the person has no way to get what he wants because he may have no way to get those items other then make them himself. Everybody wants gold because it will be a universal standard of item value which nobody will be able to say i don't want that because, in turn, everybody will want it for the fact that you can use it to buy just about everything.
To respond to ninja's concerns with bartering, the prices are flexible. If you read the actual notepad doc, it said they were flexible and that the person doesnt have to take cobblestone for his obsidian if he doesnt want to, but it has to be equivelant the the price of the item. The prices themselves are flexible, these are just some simple guidelines for their values.
I never said that they didn't have to be flexible, i was mearly explaining why to use gold as a trading item.
Gold's a good idea. Leaves was one that piqued my interest though.

Unfarmable, pure currency..
but with unfarmable only the admins would be able to create it and people find cash on the streets all the time i dont think we should use something that only admins can spawn for the people