Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Economy
Started by Unknown User

Hey guys, I was thinking that since we need an economy system at some point or another, I would make one up for us. Might take a while, but i can do it. If you have any suggestions, please leave a reply <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
Ok, I have almost all the important stuff down. I still need to refine the list, add some things, make it alphabetical, but here is the first version of the list.
No, just no:

Bucket of lava= 250

Diamond = 300

That makes no sense at all dude

let cody or someone else make an economy, this one blows. sorry if i hurt your feelings, but it does.
Ok, then what do YOU suggest I make them? I said leave suggestions, not be a d-bag about it. I can change stuff if enough people don't like them, and if Cody says that he wants to make one then fine. I just wanted to do this to take some of the load off of everyone else's backs. I just slapped some stuff together, it isn't a final copy. So stop telling me how stupid I am and help out. Another thing is that since Lava is extremely destructive, and it takes 3 smelted iron to make a bucket, 3 smelted=180 plus a destructiveness bonus makes it not all that crazy. You don't have to barter, you could farm it on your own. This just gives people an option.
I had the idea of using a gold standard. What that means is that all trade is based on gold bars. For example, a diamond is worth 8 gold bars while 4 iron bars are equal to 1 gold bar.

People could then purchase items from player-run shops, or other players.

City/town governors could charge gold for the ability to build houses in the town.

Just an Idea but I think there should be a standard.
i like cody's idea. no offense draednar
its cool lion, but the problem is, how much gold is out there? The most ive ever found was 4 in a vein, and even then there can only be so much in a cave. I like my idea better, because it sets a value for all items, and the traders can meet the value without needing to go and look for very precious materials. It also gives them an option, instead of trading 75 cobblestone for one obsidian, they dont have to agree to that. They could just do something such as ask for a specific material for it. It adds a broader range to the bartering.
they are both very good ideas. i can see why draednar's is better tho. gold is kinda of rare
lol i have around 100 - 150 gold in my box shared with daniel now
I think gold is good to use. Come on guys, ever heard of barter? Just because you don't have gold doesnt mean that you can't buy anything, im pretty sure players will trade you for stuff they want for whatever they are selling.