Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Banned...policy change?
Started by Unknown User

Username: Diabloracer

When you were banned : Just now

Person who banned you: No idea

Reason you were banned: Stealing from 300cc2

Please don't take any of this the wrong way...and...Not really sure what to say...but...I actually took a lot from a lot of people in the beginning...I didn't realize that taking something from an unlocked chest is stealing...its like cutting down a tree near someone's house that isn't protected...the tree isn't protected so it should be far game...its easier to lock a chest than to protect your land...also if I /cmodify a chest and give someone access to it and they take something that I didn't want them to take is this a bannable offense? My assumption would be no unless I specified not to take that item...but on the other hand I should have put it in another locked chest to begin with...Lock your chests people

Nothing I can say that will help my case...I guess if this is stealing I stole a lot...I am sure I will be banned again for stealing way back in the first week of my starting...my question is how can they even remember what they had well over a month ago? Maybe they were taking notes? They sure are dedicated... I am on everyday for hours...I am designing something that will change minetown for the better...a smoother economy and an easier introduction for new players...I help when I can...in game...on the wiki and forum...not a lot mind you (wiki/forum) but I was just getting started...I help a lot in game...I am usually the first to answer "How do I lock my chest?"..."type /cprivate and left click your chest"...But again this has nothing to do with my thievery...you may wonder why just in the first couple weeks? well cuz I was in need...of adventure and of supplies...finding an unlocked chest is like finding treasure maybe its good maybe its not...but it is treasure nonetheless...will I take again...yes...but only if the item is worth something...I don't want to fill up my inventory from a noob's chest full of dirt and seeds...a player that is able to have something of value should know how to lock their chest...

Also next time have the decency of addressing the issue in game...I've seen mods warn people for inappropriate chat before getting kicked...oh well...

So my bottom line is I guess this won't be approved...which is too bad... I will miss minetown...if it is approved I will probably be banned again for another time I took something close to two months ago...I won't bother writing a second appeal... this policy needs to be changed...there needs to be an introduction to new players when first joining main world...this is only fair...to new as well as old players...if you guys change the policy message me...

What do you think about unlocked chests and a tutorial/introduction when they first spawn as a member? (You can pick more than one answer)

Mod edit: Removed poll
is this a ban appeal or a apeal i am sorry for posting this.

i think an unlocked chest should be fair game because if u dont lock it your lazy. (or dont know how to)

and people are so tempted - dont pretend that u arent)

please consider mine and his posts if it isent just an appeal thanks
This is a ban appeal, which is not used for gathering opinions. If you want to do that, make a thread under server discussion.
Biased poll was removed as it makes your appeal more stupid.

There should have been an option in your poll to say 'Go read the rules properly and you would have known stealing from chests that aren't yours is against the rules'
Quote:
Actually there was an option for Go read the rules properly and you would have known stealing from chests that aren't yours is against the rules...it was learn for yourself...Why are other's peoples posts being deleted?

Thats not the same option, go 'find it yourself' is different to reading the rules like you are meant to and knowing stealing is against the rules. When you do a guest application form you agree to the rules and understand them, meaning you understood stealing from others chests was wrong.

Players are not allowed to post on ban appeals, it was hidden.
if taking from a chest is a bannable offense then why have /cprivate in the first place?

Shouldn't the other player be just as responsible for learning how to play?

its not like going and tearing down a house that hasn't been protected
- Do not post in the ban appeal forum unless you are banned or your input is requested

- Stay polite

- Do not post anything unrelated to the ban appeal. (aka stay on topic)

I requested input

Danni sorry I don't feel your response was polite

I feel this is related to my appeal...I won't come back unless the policy is changed and initial spawn point is in the process of changing...but that won't mean I won't fight for what will help the server
Diabloracer wrote:
- Do not post in the ban appeal forum unless you are banned or your input is requested

- Stay polite

- Do not post anything unrelated to the ban appeal. (aka stay on topic)

I requested input

Danni sorry I don't feel your response was polite

I feel this is related to my appeal...I won't come back unless the policy is changed and initial spawn point is in the process of changing...but that won't mean I won't fight for what will help the server

I was removing the poll and that meant I became involved with this, I will not however be making the decision on your appeal.

1. The poll was not needed on a ban appeal, there are forum suggestions for that.

2. It was biased and therefore needed to be removed.

3. I am a staff member and that sometimes requires hiding members posts that are not involved with the ban or deleting polls.

4. Everything that has been posted has been related to your appeal or server suggestion. No point quoting the rules to us, you're the one that is banned.

Apologies if I have seemed impolite, I was pointing out that you had agreed to the rules from the beginning which included not stealing from players chests. You are more than welcome to repost and reword your suggestion and place it in the suggestions section rather than on your ban appeal, otherwise this suggestion will not be used.
1. The poll was not needed on a ban appeal, there are forum suggestions for that. 2. It was biased and therefore needed to be removed. 3. I am a staff member and that sometimes requires hiding members posts that are not involved with the ban or del wrote:

1 & 3. it may not have been needed in this exact place...but I wanted it here because it will affect my decision whether or not I want to come back

2. IMO the poll was not biased...at the last I saw before it was being removed it actually received pretty equal votes...

4. I guess what I was pointing out is that it is very easy to over look the rules...

I have found a few active threads on these particular subjects... and will explain there pending results
Every member playing is expected to have read and understand the rules. You did not. Ignorance of or inability to understand the rules is not a valid excuse for breaking them. People that break rules often do not understand the need for them, that's why they're rules to begin with. You broke the rules, therefore you are subject to the punishment system in place, even though you don't understand them. Period. That's enough of trying to use bad logic to justify your actions and wasting staff members time in the process. I'll leave the rest of your ban appeal decisions to the ban committee members.