Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Opinions on Forum games.
Started by [E] Coffeey

I want to know people's genuine opinion about forum game since there seem to be a lot of them popping up nowadays.

In my opinion, most of them aren't even original, funny or creative anymore and they are just taking up the recent post section.

I want to put forward the thought, that only event team staff should be allowed to post them

OR

Each forum game should only be allowed unlocked for a week.

This is because the forum game 'Count to 1000' and games along those lines, are a form of spamming the forums imo.

k.
if you want an original game i have one i use to play with some of my friends, it's called the "Word Assosiation game". Rules are simple. someone starts off with a word (can be anything) and thats it, then the net post has to be a different word in relation to the first word, then that gets posted, then the third post should be in relation to the second post`but a different word, and it keeps going and if you actually stick to the rules and not troll it gets really fun. so for example i start by saying Minecraft then the next post can be something like notch because they are related. and then someone could do like human cause he's a human. and it goes on and on (try to keep the relations direct, and dont get to vauge.
I agree with Coffeey.

Some of these games are fun and well appreciated by the community.

However, they can become quite annoying when there's several going on.

This because the Recent Posts box easily gets crammed with forum games while the "more urgent" posts get left out and thus less visited.
What's even worse is when people are dragging up ancient forum games that were abandoned a long time ago. It happens a lot, as do shoddy forum games in general.

I presume that the usual thought process for this kind of thing is that people feel the need to make a forum game, spend 5 minutes thinking about it, and make a post. It's all needless.

No, Palonti. I will not give you kudos for that.
'Prezz wrote:

No, Palonti. I will not give you kudos for that.

Okay
I'm a recent newcomer and i see some games as fun or just interesting to read the posts.

Although i have not seen a count to 1000 thread i think that would be one of the only forum games i say shouldn't be allowed.
Trust me, hang around for a while and they age you.
Sounds like Alcatraz.

I've been on other forums with these forum games and i didn't mind them much.
No offense Flutter but i'm more looking for the opinions of active members of the server. Feel free to keep posting though, I don't mean to offend