Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Feedback - What are your ideas for the server?
Started by [E] BumpyBob0007

The Management team has been talking about our vision for the server’s future and we want your input on where you want Main to go. We want to know what you think about the features we currently have to offer and what you want added or changed. This thread is meant for your ideas to be shared, so they can be discussed by others and we can find out what you'd like to see this server become.

If you'd like to privately share your ideas, feel free to fill out this feedback form at http://minetown.net/feedback
well bumpy i want more members and the good old days back when we had 100 people online at a low point
I Love mt how it is honestly ^_^
I would love more minigames like PvP, Skywars etc.
Let us create bat spawners! I want a bat spawner... <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>

Seriously however, warps in the market at spawn are cluttering up the warp list. I can find those shops easily, I can't however find the others as a result. Many beautiful warp shops and malls got ignored that day.
Agree with mini games, I miss hunger games, skywars, star pvp...those are the main ones I played on agharta. Perhaps give ml warps for markets like before to streamline warp list? Otherwise with the warps, make the warps named "shop <shopname>, then all the shops are in the S area of the warp list instead of all over....strongly agree with Sarazil, example /warp shopsupplyshop /warp shopbookshop, /warp ml1, /warp ml2; maybe even /warp ml<playername>...

Our old event server use to have a bunch of player ran things too, which at the time I was staff to jump around and thru them all the signs were all broken due to craftbook and server updates, but surely someone knows someone that knows what was there before and what it did. Hard to determine now since the old event server was removed :/

A mob event would be fun. asta tried to do it on agharta, and possibly here too, but with spawners its much easier to accomplish the goal. Put a bunch of spawners in a maze of some sorts and last one living wins would be fun; just dont make a spawner spawn armor stands or you WILL crash the server, just FYI from past experience <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> Kosa probably remembers this. This is a fun website to make things interesting https://mcstacker.bimbimma.com/ you can add different armors and hp attributes to them to make it more challenging.

What ever happened to the zombie server small.1602284864.jpeg krisz and small.1400003367.png xk_cortex ?? That would make a great side server if ever released. I demoed it and it was great fun!

What if playing on skyblock to reach a certain level would reward mtc on main? Each level you gain some, or something like that to keep the servers tied together--the servers side servers should have some cross server rewards. Cross server rewards for skyblock would be good, or even a tag that can be obtained for doing all of the challenges would probably get people to cross servers.

Too many people get bored with SMP...we should implement challenges such as what kosa programmed for skyblock, except for much harder to achieve anything good. Keeping people interested in SMP is hard without a goal for them to reach. Obtainable ranks ranging from newbie to expert and beyond would give them something to work towards through challenges. I believe working for the rank and a nice reward at the end challenge would keep many people around for awhile. Possible even to give a new kit along the way for some of the ranks that they can obtain by working hard.

Its bed time so that's all I have for now <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
I like the way the server is atm but a few more minigames would definitely make it extra fun. It might even get more people to join the server or stay for longer as it would attract different people. Sometimes you cant just have survival <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Yeah, i agree wit andy. there are many player attempted builds and other minigames that would surely bring minetown back to life. the goal of the "new popular" servers is minigames, roleplay and other short term or midterm length games, events and even never ending events, i might be listing some advertising for other servers but my intention is not to promote them. but a general idea of what many people like

first off PvP is byfar the most popular current game mode out there, if it has a pvp and pvp free version of it, you are by far going to attraction attention to it.

here is an idea. a rush to the finish, a game where you have to escape the maze before time runs out, and if people get in your way, kill them... or on the other side, work WITH them. how awesome would that be?

now on the mob topic, i ALWAYS want to murder as many mobs as i can before they put me down, i agree with the idea of a maze run with mobs all over the place. that would be so damn cool!

a mob arena would be nice, but why not try a zombie mini game? The walking dead, AKA the minecraft version is the blocking dead, its on youtube if you want to watch the funny gameplay trailer they made. but seriously. mob based events, zombie / mob survival and PVP make the most impact. again agreeing with andy, CROSS SERVER REWARDS!!!

another idea on minigames... i hinted it above but i want to specify the creativity of more than just maze versions. create many timed events, where time is limited supplies are rare and you gotta reach the goal first to win

i love creating ideas, however i fail at actually making successful versions. battle towers are a current thing too, something I would personally enjoy! something like doomfort but more... advanced and difficult. something that would bring pain to the challenge with no save points, and bosses. again MOB and PVP ideas are gonna be ate up so thing heavily on creatijng something challenging, with of course rewards for completeing them. i do however suggest these ideas be ran in different worlds with super high world restrictions on border size... these ideas would definitely be fun to do and even just simple ideas, like cart racing! you can create so many nifty ideas that can last a short while when the good stuff gets boring.
@9080190 wrote:
Hard to determine now since the old event server was removed :/

Is this the same server that used to open specific worlds during holidays? I remember a Halloween world made of mostly lava lakes that you go from island to island getting stuff (basically trick or treat in-game) but it could have been another server.
@9080190 wrote:
I miss hunger games, skywars, star pvp...
@10306395 wrote:
I would love more minigames like PvP, Skywars etc.

Mini-games are great, but having it tie in with the main server is even better. We would want people to get on the main server and so we have more "active players." Doing things like rank increases with kits and titles are pretty good ideas for getting people interested in playing those mini-games but I think they want to focus on what we can do on main to increase main. Adding something like we had in skyblock for quest (turn in 64 wood/fish/cobble for MTC) could give some people an interesting time sink but would most likely turn into people setting up farms if it was repeatable. I'm not against a 1 time challenge system being added to main in order to give new players goals and a way to quickly get on their feet (for money/house/etc)

I am against the mini-games taking away players from main's player list and making the server look even more dead.
@9080190 wrote:
What ever happened to the zombie server small.1602284864.jpeg krisz and small.1400003367.png xk_cortex ?? That would make a great side server if ever released. I demoed it and it was great fun!

I think you are talking about "MineZ"? https://shotbow.net/forum/wiki/minez/

The only thing that would make this really good would be importing nice builds from Main into the zombie world. That makes people want to build on main even if they like the zombie map.
@12858979 wrote:
here is an idea. a rush to the finish, a game where you have to escape the maze before time runs out, and if people get in your way, kill them... or on the other side, work WITH them. how awesome would that be?

now on the mob topic, i ALWAYS want to murder as many mobs as i can before they put me down, i agree with the idea of a maze run with mobs all over the place. that would be so damn cool!

you can create so many nifty ideas that can last a short while when the good stuff gets boring.

A maze can be made of grass or glass and easily changed from week to week, but without adding the daily loot chest plug in, it will just be like parkour at spawn. No one will use it just to beat it, needs rewards in place.
i remember the holloween world that was a fun one wish we could do that again but i wouldn't know how to get it done also i think arcose needs to be made admin and rule over bacon with an iron fist