Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Feedback - What are your ideas for the server?
Started by [E] BumpyBob0007

@13235971 wrote:
I really don't see any need to change
@9789694 wrote:
Agreed with Cuddle! Also I'm not too sure about this, but I wish there was a way to force the beautification of certain builds around my area. I know a build is entirely up for interpretation, but there is one on the mountain near my main claim that's sat abandoned for nearly 6 months now. I just wish I could just build a roof on it!

Overall though, I'm very happy with the community we have and enjoy being apart of Minetown <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

What do you mean by building a roof on a mountain?

I think he means complete the abandoned build by putting a roof on it.
One thing I've noticed during my time in minetown is how infrequently mobs actually spawn. Without going to extreme effort to create farms and spawners it's very difficult to acquire mob drops, which has created a scalpers' paradise out of the player market. This makes it very difficult to advance to certain tech levels without either grinding cash via claim blocks or grinding resources to build your own farms and spawners, something not every player has the skill to do. Is this something that can be changed, or is it intentional?
@7266699 wrote:
One thing I've noticed during my time in minetown is how infrequently mobs actually spawn. Without going to extreme effort to create farms and spawners it's very difficult to acquire mob drops, which has created a scalpers' paradise out of the player market. This makes it very difficult to advance to certain tech levels without either grinding cash via claim blocks or grinding resources to build your own farms and spawners, something not every player has the skill to do. Is this something that can be changed, or is it intentional?

Mob spawning rates are very sensitive so we have tried our best to get it so they will spawn a good amount but if we change it anymore we run the risk of having way too many mods spawning.
Fairly new to the community, and yes, I wear the original skin (and yes I know this makes me look like a newb, I've played for three years on various servers, and MY NAME IS STEVE! jk) As far as improvements, or changes to the server, nothing off the top of my head. Well, other than maybe find more ways to advertise the server (build up the active user count), and maybe get Minetown booming again....

p.s. The main complaint I hear, is players want full on, no rules, all out PVP
I really like the whole vanilla feel, but vanilla isn't satisfying the normal crowd anymore. I think you should push to more modern standards and turn into a semi-vanilla server (pushing more heavy on the semi side). Another thing is that the player base is as big as it could be, meaning you should spend as much as you can with advertising. The server is quite old yes, that brings quite a bit of uniqueness, but it is just like a lot of other servers.