Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] RMS Titanic
Started by [E] Truerurouni

Hey their! Welcome to the official thread for the RMS Titanic project. This project is being lead by myself, and so far only I has been working on it full time.

The project can be viewed by anyone by going to the warp RMS Titanic. i will attach pics as the project continues until completion.

If you wish to donate toward the project please leave a message here, find me in game, or catch me in Mumble.

If you wish to assist in helping the build, you have to be able to follow a Schematic (that i will provide) and be able to show you are serious toward the project.

I will acknowledge everybody who makes a considerable donation or was very helpful in the project.

Below are pics of the project and a video simulating what the final project will look like. (the ship in the video is NOT the same as the one i am building)

well, bad news is bad as they say. turns out ive been using an old schematic, and there is a final version released. that means, the last week of work, was for nothing.... :omgonoz: so, a complete teardown will occur and i will be starting from scratch...agian. :banghead: as always ill keep this thread updated as work progresses....... :ahhhh:
My... God... Is the new schematic too different to keep what is already built.
check your email, i sent you, eli, and my other helper the new schematic. im too upset tonight to figure out if anything can be reused.
New update. The "floating Hull" for the new Titanic is almost complete, when it is, construction on the engine/boiler room will begin. Only problem right now is the schematic calls for a four bladed central propeller, when the Titanic had a three bladed propeller. If there is anyone out there who I good with building odd shapes, let me know so this discrepancy can be corrected.
i was gonna say...titanic had 3 3-bladed props...lol...very few ships ever use(d) balde props....they were unbalanced and caused more drag than the extra blade was worth
sorry..my titanic geekyness shows thru sometimes XD

if there is any specific material you are looking for, let me know. I can hook you up for a good deal on it or donate some for free depending what it is.
The greatness of building a ship in minecraft, how its already in the water as soon as you start building.
Very true Zio, i have no idea why the creator of the schematic decided to switch to the prop setup for the Olympic. the props are made of gold blocks, which have been spawned in via creative (thus they are not a valid block for use in anything else so to say). i would fix the propellers mayself but i like the ability to create complex shapes with 1x1 meter blocks :faint: If you go to /warp RMS Titanic you will see i am building it in a sort of drydock with water below to keep from dying if you fall off. after the ship is complete or at a certain point, the walls will be removed and the water replaced. quite frankly i do not like the way the propellers look in this schemtaic, so if anyone can create the propellers based from a source picture from the Titanic, i will pay for your services.
use MS paint to make pixel by pixel images, then creat a desing there which can fit the schematic.