Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Factions tickers/tags
Started by Unknown User

I had an idea to show on screen who's in what faction. It would mean a fraction of more work for the staff but it's super simple.

Basically adding, either before or after a players name: a prefix/tag chosen or applied for by a faction.

For example, if I was a member of Espero, and they had a 2-3 letter abbreviation (ex. Esp) and lets say a green color for the tag, my name would read:

ScottishSoviets (Esp green or chosen color by faction) or ScottishSoviets

Basically lets people automatically know what faction you are in through the /who command and/or global chat.

It would make MT a little more like an mmo and give factions a slightly more important role on the server.

Please vote on the poll!
That would mean bringing the faction's plugin into the server. When I was admin for another server I used to play, we had to take it off because once a ton of factions started popping up, it crashed our server. It would have to be regulated in some way. Then again, it might be possible with the new server cluster coming up hopefully this or next week. I like the idea. I often get asked "Hey duns, what faction are you in?" This would greatly reduce all the /tell I get from many people, at least 2-3 times a day... lol.
yeah there would suddenly be a shit ton of factions and everyone would have a different prefix. The prefixes in my opinion should only be a perk of donating, which it is at the moment
It's not a mod, it would be similar to the tags that moderators or admins have in front of their name, but instead utilized for factions, no extra plugins required! Also I would have faction leaders made to apply for the tags with details/colors etc.
Okay, guess he doesn't know about the prefixes for donators. In order to have another prefix, to my knowledge, you need to have another plugin since we only have one plugin for prefixes, to my knowledge.
People can change their names through nickname though, I would assume theres nothing in that mod that would prevent from typing and just making it part of the name? I'm not 100% sure on the logistics but I just want opinions (:
Okay, name change is for 100+ donators, which less than 10% of the community has done (from what I can see).
I hastily voted "yes", but after reading people's posts, I'm not so sure anymore.
Going back to duns and coffeey saying how a load of factions would start popping up, if this was implemented then maybe rules for factions would need to be stricter, for example anyone wanting to start a faction would have to go through an application process, or at least factions would have to apply to get their tags, as soviet suggested, and also any inactive, or pointless/silly factions, would be removed. Just adding to the idea, I too think it is a good one!
I just think name changes should be for 100 dollar donator only