Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Allow duckshop signs to be broken.
Started by [E] lostbit

Greetings

So my idea here is:

- Allow one to break others duckshop signs.

Why is that?

- It will turn shared shops administration much easier.

- It will also easy the town owners job when tearing down shops (according to town official rules ofc).

- It will free mods for other stuff.

This will also allow other kind of shops to be easily implemented. namely stock exchanges and other multi owner shop boards.

What are the problems with this?

- I cant see any real danger here, please expose possible ones.

- Since only region owners and members can actually break signs this would be easily controllable. Abuses would be handled by mods, as usual.

Regards

One question for you my friend, Can you code?
yea...we cant do this...duckshop is a bukkit plugin...not our own...this would require us to do it from scratch again...

also, this is bad because of the griefing that can be done with it...
Well i dont think it is worthy the trouble to develop such a thing, duckshop is awesome. was hoping it was already a configuration flag of sorts.

Zion, about the griefing, yes it would allow griefing among region owners and members. But i think the advantages gained with such a change would counter the griefing problem.

I may be missing something here though.
Zionia wrote:
yea...we cant do this...duckshop is a bukkit plugin...not our own...this would require us to do it from scratch again...

also, this is bad because of the griefing that can be done with it...

Duckshop is free / open source software. There is no need to rewrite it from scratch. The code is here, Just fork the existing code, add features, and submit the patches upstream.
People would obviously just grief the shops. And no, the advantages of this is not greater than the fact that the greifings would be massive.

I dont see why this is nessassary lol, even after reading your post. Why should you have the ability to destroy anothers shop?
How would this allow mass grief?

What this would allow is region owners to break duckshop signs!

Region owners can already break most of the stuff in the region they own. The exceptions i can remember is locked stuff and duckshops!

If understand well why it is not allowed to break locked stuff but not why it is not allowed to break duckshop signs... after all they are just that signs!

So the potential for grievieng is already there, when a town owner for instance have perms on others plots...

So how would this allow massive grieving is eluding me.

I may expose some cool ideas i have for this after some one clear this out.
:diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :glass::glass: :gold: :gold: :gold::glass::glass: :tnt: :tnt: :tnt::glass::glass: :creeper:

:diamond: :glass: :diamond: :glass::glass: :gold: :glass: :gold::glass::glass: :tnt::glass: :glass: :tnt::glass: :creeper:

:diamond: :diamond: :glass: :glass::glass: :gold: :gold: :gold::glass::glass: :tnt::glass: :glass: :tnt::glass: :creeper:

:diamond: :glass: :diamond: :glass::glass: :gold: :glass: :gold::glass::glass: :tnt::glass: :glass: :tnt::glass:

:diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :glass::glass: :gold: :glass: :gold::glass::glass: :tnt: :tnt: :tnt::glass::glass: :creeper: Like coffeey said... grief!
lemme give you a lil scenario:

Griefer arrives at shop, looks around. griefers first instinct is to punch things. griefer accidently punches sign off wall. griefers troll faces and removes all signs in shop.

Shopowner arrives to check stock levels, only to find all signs gone. Shopowner has to file pe to report griefing.

Mod reads pe and arrives at location to Hawkeye, ban Griefer, then compensate Shopowner for griefing.

Shopowner resets and relinks the signs, quite the process if you have alot of merchendise.

GrieferMk2 arrives at shop, punchs signs, troll faces, removes signs.

The vicious process repeates.

moral of the story, if anybody can remove the signs, everybody will remove the signs, no shop will be able to effectivly run, and the mods will have double the workload put on them.
Well that is only a viable scenario if the griefer is region owner... Right?