Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] I had an orgasm
Started by [E] Afroman

In the kitchen making me a sammich. WHERE IT BELONGS
LucyLooseLegs wrote:
ELDER SCROLLS MMO

Enough Said.

lucy please :v~
Bladebrawl wrote:
Pffft, you crazy people that orgasm from video games!! Back in mah day, all a video game could do is excite you, maybe a step up. But that's IT!

Well back in my day, we had nothing but two lines that had a dot we bounced back and forth on the screen with a little round paddle and a twisty knob...
back in my day, i had to walk uphill in the snow to school and home
zdeathclock wrote:
back in my day, i had to walk uphill in the snow to school and home

Back in "Your" day I was just about graduating school, and partying with people that are what would be your age now..... ><object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
850 views and 10 de-railed posts later.

I'm 12, what is this?
I wish this thread was called, "I had and orangutan" because thats WAY more badass...anyone can say "i had an orgasm" the trick is to be telling the truth <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>
Iron_Orchid wrote:
You crazy kids and your "orgasms." Back in my day being a an MMO nerd meant no one had orgasms equally! AND WE LIKED IT!

Actually we all hated it.

That made my day xD
Wow, Screw this shit. Make more single player versions and stop looking to cash in on subscription money. Plus this is just a rumor.

All the confusion comes from Bethesda Softworks being a publishing company, and Bethesda Game Studios being a separate development company. Bethesda Game Studios DEVELOPED Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3. They were published by Bethesda Softworks.

Zenimax Online is creating this MMO. Nothing to do with Todd Howard's team. It's being published by Bethesda Softworks, who also published Wet, Brink, Hunted, etc, I'm laughing at the fact that people are excited for this even though it's being developed by the people who made WET, BRINK, and Hunted! This is an MMO from an unproven studio, so don't expect Bethesda Game Studios quality, Don't expect a Elder Scrolls quality game of any sort.

I'm sure all of you are convinced that a Elder Scrolls MMO would be just like Elder Scrolls, First person hack and slash, etc. It would be on the lines of SWTOR or WoW possibly, meaning it would be awful.
Plus the combat system is just bleh. Half of your attacks feel like you're merely cutting at the air. There's no real resistance when your dagger collides with the targets steel chestpiece.

Combat in Skyrim really only stays fun when using a shield imo, since you can actually feel the forceful King Leonidus-BASH echo through the enemy's skull and your vibrating controller (console game here), and then you have a visual confirmation of the target being stunned.

But when you slash a greatsword across an unprotected enemy's face, and your weapon just sort of glides across their skin, followed by small blood spot appearing as they grunt like they just stubbed their toe, it's just dull and clunky. It actually feels more like an MMORPG, to be honest, since it takes several thwacks with your battleaxe to their head that don't even visually connect with the target to get the job done.

Throw in the "massively multiplayer online" and it will only get far worse.

And the thing is, even if the combat mechanic *was* a bit more ironed out, how is that going to work with an MMORPG, which is obviously stat-based? Are you going to actually be in direct control of your character, and not just telling them where to go and what to attack with what abilities?

I mean, if there were just servers where you could just roam across the world as if you were playing single-player, but there were just other players roaming about as well, it could be cool, but it seems like it'd be difficult to do something similar to WoW with Skyrim's combat system. Something more along the lines of "Skyrim..... but you can play with up to 3 other friends online!" would work a LOT better than a TES mmo.