Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Count to 100!
Started by [E] Palonti

26547332.jpg

also known as gold

atomic #79
Ochenta y uno

is an happy number, and a companion Pell number.

is a 15-gonal number and a centered 27-gonal number.

is the number of different ways you can arrange 6 regular hexagons by joining their adjacent sides; thus it is the number of possible 6-hexes (with 82 6-hexes it is possible to form an hexagonal ring).

= 1 + 5 + 21 + 55 (sum of Fibonacci numbers)

= 19 + 20 + 21 + 22 (sum of consecutive integers)

= 12 + 92

= 22 + 22 + 52 + 72 (sum of square primes)

= 2(42 + 52)

Can be expressed as 5 different sums of two primes:

82 = 3 + 79 = 11 + 71 = 23 + 59 = 29 + 53 = 41 + 41

(cf. Goldbach's conjecture)

is one of the nuclear magic numbers in physics. 'Nuclear magic numbers' are the numbers of nucleons (protons or neutrons) forming full outer shells in an atomic nucleus, that are relevant for nuclear isotope stability.

is the international telephone dialing code for Korea.

is the International Standard Book Number for books published in Norway (ISBN 82-...).

The verb to pay is used 82 times in the Bible.

The Latin and Greek prefixes "duooctoginta-", "dioctaconta-", "dooctaconta-", "octacontadi-", and/or "octacontakaidi-" all mean 'eighty-two'.

The noun and adjective "duooctogintennary" means 'a group of 82' or 'a 82-year period'. The adjective and noun "duooctogintennial" means 'recurring every 82 years' or 'lasting 82 years'. The noun and adjective "duooctogintennium" means 'a period of 82 years'.

The number 82 appears frequently throughout the film "Magnolia", written and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson, and starring Tom Cruise.

82nd Verse in Tagore's Gitanjali:

Time is endless in thy hands, my Lord. There is none to count thy minutes.

Days and nights pass and ages bloom and fade like flowers. Thou knowest how to wait.

Thy centuries follow each other perfecting a small wild flower.

We have no time to lose, and having no time we must scramble for a chances. We are too poor to be late.

And thus it is that time goes by while I give it to every querulous man who claims it, and thine altar is empty of all offerings to the last.

At the end of the day I hasten in fear lest thy gate to be shut; but I find that yet there is time.
Lmao matt 83
rokitchikin wrote:

I-can-count-to-potato.jpg

Sorry, but that's the point of the game! Count to 100 before someone trolls it.

Sequel_Sentry wrote:
rokitchikin wrote:

I-can-count-to-potato.jpg

Sorry, but that's the point of the game! Count to 100 before someone trolls it.

Someone cant read. Nowhere in the rules does it specify "count to 100 before someone trolls"

hooked_on_phonics_logo.gif

STILL 84!!!