Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Reset Guest World
Started by [E] mattgagne

Well since i joined minetown the rules have kept the same and state that members can go mine in the guest world, just don't mess with guest (or anyone else i think).

A mine world would be great, but i ask if it is necessary if the guest world is reseted frequently.

One of the aspects i actually like from the guest world rules is:

"No warps there"

This makes it necessary to explore the guest world frequently and set home there. We actually have a group of people setting home at the guest world in cool places we can share.

So I'm all for this in a way or another. Keep the main world landscape good looking!
I realise that some, if not many, players et their home in the guestworld at locations such as stronghold/abandoned mine shafts. This means that come the map reset, said players will have the ability to know the exact location of 5-6 cavespider spawners. If this was done once a week cavespider's would become worth barely anything. Which, actually, is a motion i support XD

I agree with isoccer, mainly. Once a month would be a nice balance, in my opinion.
Adam wrote:
I realise that some, if not many, players et their home in the guestworld at locations such as stronghold/abandoned mine shafts. This means that come the map reset, said players will have the ability to know the exact location of 5-6 cavespider spawners. If this was done once a week cavespider's would become worth barely anything. Which, actually, is a motion i support XD

I agree with isoccer, mainly. Once a month would be a nice balance, in my opinion.

Adam

That is a very strong argument to *not* reset the guest world.

Actually now that you point it out i must say the only fair way to do it would be to change the guest world seed.

If not we may not be talking about half a dozen spiders but a few dozens. Not to mention other minerals...

But then would players risk to sufocate themselfes when teleporting home?

So, i must say this comment radically changed my point of view on regularly guest world resets...

Tks
Adam's point a very pertinent to the need of a mining world that has a weekly or monthly reset. Not just a reset, but also a world seed change so that everything is different. That way every reset is a new land to explore and have untold adventures.
I dont really see that resetting it once a month would lower spawer prices. I mean really, each spawner will be able to be collected every 4 weeks. Not really that big of a deal. If anything I would expect prices to go up if the mods can keep cracking down on massive duping operations.
Reset it please :3