Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Reset Guest World
Started by [E] mattgagne

Hello Minetown Community!

As most of us know, the guest world is great for guests to hang-out and collect resources before becoming a member of the Minetown community. On the other hand, the guest world is also a great place for already-members and donators to go hunting for resources and not feel worried about defacing the main land. The guest world allows members to leave the main world a little cleaner and go digging huge ugly sand pits elsewhere. It also provides a certain level of adventure without feeling like you are encroaching on someone else's territory. Having members go to the guest world to collect resources helps preserve the main world for a longer time.

However, in the last while there has not been a reset to the guest world. The guest world is starting to become worn thin and is lacking in new areas left unexplored. I feel that the reseting of the guest world is overdue and should be seriously considered in the very near future. I would like to poll the Minetown community on this subject:

Should the Guest World be reset very soon? Poll is open for 5 days.
Hello, my name is guest world!

It appeares that you neglected to read the rules and information about me, which needless to say, hurts my feelings.

If you HAD read the rules, you would know that the guest world is reset very often. Weekly, I believe (Don't quote me.)

Yours Disgustedly,

GW
TPrezzel,

To quote the Minetown Wiki site, "it is reset regularly."

There is nothing about guest world in the Rules.

My point is that the guest world is not reset regularly enough, lately.

But thanks for your valuable input, even if you don't want to bother doing the research while having such a harsh tone.

Do not worry, I wouldn't quote you anyways.

Mattgagne OUT.
When was the last time it was reset? Depending on how bad it gets, I would say it should be reset every month, so if it has been a month, then it's time.
Well, I played in the guest world before i created my account
xgamer888 wrote:
Account created on: Feb 3, 2012

And about a week ago I popped in to take a look, and my stuff was still there <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

So unless it was reset in the past few days... it's been a while <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Mattgagne you have to learn to take what I say with a pinch of salt <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

I jest! But still, it does get reset tons, more than any of the other worlds on the server.
YES! I have a "Weekend Campout" In the guestworld at least once a month and always return home with tons of mob drops, sand and sandstone, and also a lot of gold iron redstone and even diamonds! Youre right the signs at the front are so innacurate- it isnt even reset monthly! It also like you said leaves more in the mainworld.

The only problems i see here is

a- people not caring about the current mainworld and just planning to move to the new world, and

b- people not caring about guestworld since griefing and stealing happen often.

But since I love going to the guestworld, helping out the guests and getting plenty or recources for myself too, i highly suggest resetting it <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
I swear when I joined, it was reset weekly.

Also poke wanna go on a trip to the GW at some point?
I joined the server 2 months ago. Six weeks after that I went back to guest world and the stuff I built while I was a guest was still there.
TPrezzle wrote:
I swear when I joined, it was reset weekly.

Also poke wanna go on a trip to the GW at some point?

Sure! As soon as the server upgrades i'm planning to drop all 5201293 of my current projects and go to GW for first dibs on jungle biomes!