Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] My deep hole of solitude has a goal
Started by [E] IsTank

Because you said "niche market" I now love this idea. 100% support from me. Donations may be included. /<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
I can help you out building an obsidian farm. Its one of the few things I can successfully make with redstone.
Thanks duns. Might take you up on that. lol Fettuccini... once I get the land cleared and sort the layout of things I will be happy to let you make an obsidian farm and reap all the profits from it. how much space does it take up? LxWxH. Will make sure to save enough space.
I have one in my town that is about 9x9x I think 4 that can make 12 blocks per use. I stole the design from a youtube video since I'm excessively bad at redstone but its pretty simple and could be easily modified into different dimesions.
if you need like a redstone company ( builds redstone contraptionss ) call me, i know how to make hidden doors, hidden stairs and what not
You all thought the same about the name right... THANK YOU! Sound so SMEXY!
I modified the idea a bit but and am still digging the cave but now building things too. The new modified plan is to have a town above where people can rent lots per month and with that rent is included access to all cave features for free and a share of the profits from the caves sales on the condition that they help maintain the cave features and resupply stock/store as needed.

so lets say your lot is x amount of cred/month that pays for your home on the lot including private storage, crafting, furnace, or anything else you want to put in it; access to the cave features such as enchanting center, additional storage, resident only lava furnace, farms, ranches, etc; and 90% of profit from the cave (system which I am calling "wallymart") will be evenly distributed over residents.

Here is the catch... it is community maintained which means

the animals need to be fed, bred, sheared, killed, cooked, milked, spayed and neutered, and products stored

the fields and farms need to be harvested, tilled, planted, and stored

the mobs need to be killed, resources collected and stored

the store front will need to be restocked as needed,

the cave needs to be finished being dug out (I am actively looking for a new large quarry site for when the cave is finished being dug out).

"all numbers just for example"

20% minimum of renewable items must be stored for cave use every time you harvest crops/trees or maintain the animals

75% of non-ore blocks from the cave must be stored

100% of ore blocks must be stored and will have

• 50% distributed evenly to the residents weekly, bi weekly, or monthly depending on how fast they are collected
  • 25% to the cave
  • 25% to the store.

Any excess due to lack of storage for a certain block type and its variants is kept by the collector.

• i.e. you shear the sheep and get 100 wool

• 20 go to the cave for replenishing anything made of wool right off the top
  • 75 wool go to the collector

You see that wool and its color variants are full and the only thing missing that uses wool is 1 bed

create the bed using 3 wool and now there is nowhere to put the remaining 17 wool so...
  • 17 excess wool to the collector

Here is the crap part... I know it is asking a lot but people by their very nature will take advantage of a situation if it is presented to them even if it is unethical (that is why people who dont do that are such good people). I would hate for someone to come in, shear the sheep; take the crops; kill the cows and take resources; etc without supporting the community by maintaining and still expect a cut of the profits each month.

I would really like to hear your general thoughts on

the overall communal shop/farm/ profit share idea (think it will or wont work and why)

ways to curtail the potential misuse
What does solitude remind me of? Oh yeh I remember >----(Knee)---->
Haven't had much time to work on excavation as I have been messing around with some inner cave organization and real life stuffs. but here is an update of where things are (not like anyone really gives a crap). lol

I am at about 70 dbl chests almost full,

made an xp farm which is not all that efficient but works for me,

tweaked the various farms a little and am going to move the wheat farm in order to make the whole thing automated,

made some paths for ease of access when excavating which should help speed things up safely,

added a lava furnace,

started covering bedrock level floors with stone bricks,

occasionally working on making walls stone brick as well.

Major things left to do...

Finish excavation,

create central lava container so I can clear out the lava pools without losing the lava,

replace all walls and floors with stone brick,

add general lighting.

Once those things are done...

all farms will be relocated again to some form of stacked configuration in an attempt to create a central item pickup point that is gravity fed.

Start work on redesigning surface structe(s) to increase usable interior height, provide aesthetically pleasing yet functional and flowing welcome structures.

Wishlist...

shrink the interior with a false wall that will conceal redstone functions to make all lights switchable by sector and by master control, and conceal hidden water flow sources as needed to disperse water throughout the build as needed.

Estimated finish time of all of it....

probably some time next year ish.
make an iron golem farm using villagers!