Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] My deep hole of solitude has a goal
Started by [E] IsTank

So I have been working on carving out this hole in the ground with no solid purpose other than... wel... digging. So I have come up with a plan for my overly large void that measure 101x42x61 (roughly 258,000 blocks). I am going to build the mother (or at least the aunt) of all factories/processing plants. Basically a you ask for it and it can be made type of place. you want a black cat or a brown cow then you get it and obviously pay a small price. if you need to have a bunch of materials smelted then you bring it in and get it done while you wait or come back and its finished type of thing. if you have materials you want turned into other materials... that can be done too.

I figure not everyone has a lot of space to build this kind of a place but space is one thing I do have. and perhaps a niche market just to supply these kind of uild services might work. And there is enough space around that if i needed to i could probably get the region expanded a bit for future but i havent even finished my excavation hole yet.

Aside from the basic all inclusive animal farms, and plant farms, what kinds of facilities does an all inclusive supply complex need? Mass storage and a storefront is a must. I figure I can build something for that above ground. So any suggestions are welcomed. if i can build it and have the space I will put it in.
Wow, looks impressive. If you need any help getting things set up, let me know. i may be able to help.
That is HUGE! So cool! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
15603388.jpg
I should have thought of that before i made that title huh? LOL
WTFLOL? Xp
So far it looks really good! Very nice work!

As far as a store front goes, I would highly recommend getting a shop at /warp deepmarket This is mainly due to the fact that you can get more then one shop, so can have plenty of space for all the stuff you will be selling.

There are a lot of shops still open too!
Minecraft is fun nowadays BECAUSE of the monotony. Digging great gaping big holes is repetitive, but fun.
Thats is a very deep hole indeed.
and wide! it is also a little murky at the bottom.

So here is a list of things i am going to have based on what I know how to do... looking to have it added to so I can have a very comprehensive setup so please if you can think of stuff that would enhance it let me know!

Tree farm for all types of trees except the super tall jungle ones

sheep farm for all colors (should be fun to stop them from jumping the fences)

pig farm

cow farm

chicken farm

ocelot farm (maybe havent tried that yet in single player)

cat farm for the different types

dog pound

wheat, cane, pumpkin, melon farms

cactus machine

Smelting areas designated for all ore types that can be smelted including a section for non ore blocks

Glass production

glowstone plant

Crafting areas with

Crafting tables

enchanting tables

breweries

cauldrons

Storage

Mass storage for all block types I can get/produce

I want to get my hands on spawners for each hostile mob type as well but that can be crazy expensive.

would like to set up an obsidian farm or any other type of block farm but have not messed with it enough to make that happen.

I kind of just like the idea that someone can bring the material in, pay a small fee, and then have access to the proper mechanism or farm area to do what they need with the materials they have or just outright purchase something.