Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] So 1.2 Should be fun.
Started by [E] Gurgash

I think it makes more sense for it to be off by default, since its acting as a lightbulb, which obviously are off until you apply power to them. Glowstone is still there for when you want a light thats always on.
I don't know what your talking about...
Gurgash wrote:
simworld wrote:
I think you guys make a mistake...in order for a redstone lamp to works, you need glowstone.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Redstone_Lamp

No, I Am right in saying bye bye glowstone...Yes, I may need it to make the lamp, btut once I make the lamp, it will not become glowstone dust, it will become a redstone lamp block when broken.

My only tihng is, How will this work with our soulsand-Glowstone plugin?

Soulsand makes glowstone. That is still the same. You can still find glowstone. You can still use glowstone. IT hasn't changed. breaking it makes redstone dust.

Glowstone plus 4 redstone dust makes a redstone lamp. Breaking it makes a redstone lamp drop.

Glowstone didn't change. You are getting your item back. If you break a crafting table, you get a crafting table... not 4 woods back. Think about it, stop over-reacting to it. It drops what it is, so what? Most items do drop what they are and not what was used to make them. Glowstone is naturally occurring, that is why it breaks into dust. The lamp is artificial... that is why it doesn't break into it's parts.
dunsjohn wrote:
Gurgash wrote:
simworld wrote:
I think you guys make a mistake...in order for a redstone lamp to works, you need glowstone.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Redstone_Lamp

No, I Am right in saying bye bye glowstone...Yes, I may need it to make the lamp, btut once I make the lamp, it will not become glowstone dust, it will become a redstone lamp block when broken.

My only tihng is, How will this work with our soulsand-Glowstone plugin?

Soulsand makes glowstone. That is still the same. You can still find glowstone. You can still use glowstone. IT hasn't changed. breaking it makes redstone dust.

Glowstone plus 4 redstone dust makes a redstone lamp. Breaking it makes a redstone lamp drop.

Glowstone didn't change. You are getting your item back. If you break a crafting table, you get a crafting table... not 4 woods back. Think about it, stop over-reacting to it. It drops what it is, so what? Most items do drop what they are and not what was used to make them. Glowstone is naturally occurring, that is why it breaks into dust. The lamp is artificial... that is why it doesn't break into it's parts.

Not sure If your directing the overreacting bit to me? but if so, Id like to know where in my post I was over reacting? I never said Glowstone changed.., I am amazed at how deeply you get into reading into peoples posts...

But ill bite...

First Of what "I"I ment by "BYE BYE GLOWSTONE" is for me I will not be usingf it for anything else "BUT" to make redstone lamps... The Purpose of using Glowstone as a light source is "DEAD" atleast to me....Why break a Glowstone Block I have placed in my town to move it, only to have it turn to dust, when I can make a Redstone Lamp with that same block and never have it break? "

That is what I ment by..Bye Bye Glowstone...