Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Quick Question About This Mod..
Started by [E] Jazza

Darth, I wonder. Is it possible to create a plugin linked with MCTowns to make a plot only map? I mean, for example:

I have a city, named city. A district named district, and a plot named plot n (n representing a number, 1-whatever the limit is).

So this plugin I'm suggesting we maybe think about designing would make a block by block by block (x,y,z) map of a plot only. Meaning, individual houses would have maps, but not a city or anything like that. And it would self update once every 24 hours only when those parts of the map are active.

I'm not sure if that makes sense to you? And, if it does, I don't know if it is possible to do? It does seem like a solution that would meet the middle ground. As well, the plot maps would be auto saved and all people would need to do is give the exact region name for the plot to get the map. Just a little suggestion since people actually seem interested in taking from multi to single. Although, I don't even advocate my own idea... just putting it out there for the community.
Grief and don't get banned! Amazing <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
This would be difficult, because the game is limited to around 65K maps. That may seem like a lot, but once you start thinking about creating a map for each plot, it's going to use those up quickly. This limits the number of maps available for users to create that want them, and I don't even know what happens when the server tries to create one map past the limit; It probably crashes.
Oh, okay. I didn't know. I'm not a software expert... I just know how hardware pretty well. Although, I know most error messages that show up. /<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> Hmm... 65K maps as in that is 65kilobytes!?!? If so... our may is way bigger than that. Or is it 65,000 maps? If only 65,000... yeah, that's not very much considering... we're probably halfway filled up to that, I'd assume? We should probably save those for rollback issues and map saves.
Err, are you talking about the in-game maps? The ones you craft with a compass? The game is limited to 65535 of those.
dunsjohn wrote:
Poke, what you can do is take screen shots and make a replica in single player. That is how I actually build from single player to the server. I don't go the opposite way because, well... I see no point, hehe. I build stuff to share, not hide it. /<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

But I have some things in it that arent able to be obtained not even on creative without inventory hacking, like spawners.

ive also tried the soulsand redstone glowy lamp trick and it doesnt work on normal singleplayer and i have a cieling made with that technique
PokemonGardevoir wrote:
dunsjohn wrote:
Poke, what you can do is take screen shots and make a replica in single player. That is how I actually build from single player to the server. I don't go the opposite way because, well... I see no point, hehe. I build stuff to share, not hide it. /<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

But I have some things in it that arent able to be obtained not even on creative without inventory hacking, like spawners.

ive also tried the soulsand redstone glowy lamp trick and it doesnt work on normal singleplayer and i have a cieling made with that technique

Just wait a tick... glowstone lamps will be added in 1.2, which should drop today or tomorrow.