Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] A way to make netherbrick
Started by [E] randalserrano

I think there should be a way to make netherbrick. It should be something hard like obsidian on the corners and netherrack in the rest of the slots or something but there should be a way. It is starting to run out and get more expensive I have noticed.
It is not by any means anywhere close to running out. It just requires a bit more work to find a fortress. There are more than 10.3 billion undiscovered blocks in the nether, and it is by no means short on resources <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> You just have to find them! That's what makes it fun.
If you read sawine post you would have found out they reset the nether and end world which means all the neather fotress are back
XxDEATH_SN1PAxX wrote:
If you read sawine post you would have found out they reset the nether and end world which means all the neather fotress are back

we never reset the nether, only the end. we wiped all region protections from the nether which made all of it griefable and lawless.

we have said countless times that we will NOT be resetting the nether, because so much of it is unexplored. you guys tend to go straight out from spawn which is obviously going to be explored if everybody else is going in that direction. make tunnels. go off to the sides. really explore the nether you would a mine...you will find plenty of resources.
Ok, I guess that is true for everything in the server.
I found a untouched fort only last week. They are still out there. Just gotta look for em.
I'm constantly seeing people making suggestions about altering vanilla minecraft etc.

This is the sort of suggestion you should be sending Mojang <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

I'm sure there's probably a plugin that can be developed to do this but it's just not really part of Minecraft I guess?
Netherbrick should not be craftable. Its meant to be rare and require you to put effort into searching for it.
TPrezzle wrote:
I'm sure there's probably a plugin that can be developed to do this but it's just not really part of Minecraft I guess?

It's actually quite easily to add a recipe to the game, the question simply is if changing the gameplay in this way is something the staff and the community wants. I personally do not think the game should be altered to make it easier-- the difficulty or rarity of finding certain items is there for a reason. Heck, I think that warps make the game too easy, and while some sort of fast travel is needed on a map this large, 800 pages of warps really takes away from the whole having to walk through the world aspect. (I want portals from spawn to "hubs" at the corners of every 1000x1000 block region or something, but from the nearest corner, players have to walk. This would actually cause towns to cluster around the warppoints, like people tend to cluster around natural resources in real life! And /home. People can have their /home, but I think it's kind of sad that nobody really has to trek through the world anymore.)
Agreed, I'm part of a new Hardcore server which should be fun, totally vanilla.

Not that I won't still be part of minetown, nice to have something on the side y'know?

But back to the point, what I was trying to say is that altering that game too much is effectively making a whole new game, which I for one don't want. I wan't to play minecraft, not a bastardised version that's friendly for everyone. The real deal all the way!