Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [Contest] New Worlds Suggestions
Started by [E] sawine

Can't believe no one's suggested this already...Do we already have something like this or something? Because I've never seen it

Name: Sky World

Type: Main-style survival, maybe with reduced danger, or used for whatever else

Public: All

Generator: Custom algorithm (NOT the old skylands of minecraft)

Description: With the new height limit of 256, the concept of a vertical world can be taken to new heights (haha). This would have to be a custom-generated world with a completely re-written algorithm, where there is no bedrock either above or below the world. There would be broken-up islands of land (of variable size) with flatter tops and highly vertical undersides, containing lakes, waterfalls, trees, etc., essentially a kinda-sorta paradise world. Alongside the land, there would be puffy 3D clouds, ranging from little wisps to towering masses, made up either of existing blocks like wool or snow or some custom unbreakable item (which could possibly be nonsolid, though I think it'll be fun to be able to walk on them). Another idea is if we could make the existing clouds 3D and have them float by, though I think it'll be better to have the former. As for falling, I think the fall speed should be reduced, jump height boosted, the "gliding" capability greatly increased, and fall damage turned of altogether. This way, it won't be impossible to get around easily. Also, when you fall past the map and into the void, you should either be spat back down to the main world or, what I like more, teleported to the top at your current position, giving a sense of infinity to the world (remember, there will be 256 blocks of stuff between top and bottom. You won't be able to see though the whole depth at once!). There should be some sort of generated structures like sky bridges analogous to nether forts, which connect landmasses and contain some sort of goods. I personally think the danger level should be reduced relative to the main world, but it could go either way. I just want it to be something that showcases extreme verticality and looks totally mesmerizing.

Images: I know these aren't minecraft, but they get the point across. Don't say this can't be done in minecraft; the nether is a pretty mesmerizing cave world to me despite the limitations of blocks:

skyworld-730570.jpg

floating-mountains_400.jpg

...you get the point XD
Name:

Hades, Abyss, Underworld

Type:

Hardcore Survival

Public:

Member and above

Generator:

Nether map with some World Editing

Discription:

Like the nether but much harder. More mob types with all of them hostile (iron golems, enderman, creepers, zombies, killer cows, sheep (red, yellow, orange, and black), hostile pig zombies). There will also be cities with regions, shops, and homes. Unlike the nether, this world will be a place where members can work together to survive this challenging world. It would be cool if other blocks could be randomly spawned below the surface layer of netherack.

Notes:

PvP will be optional so factions can compete or what ever.

2011-07-26_001104_220718.png

2011-07-25_182659_219706.png
Name:Trap Land

Type:Adventure

Public:Members

Generator:Custom

Description:Okay, this world is going to be about a place were you got to elude(dodge) from traps and survive. It sounds simple right? To make this world more interesting it will have dungeons with mob spawners, lava traps, jumping challenges, TNT, the nether with tons of Ghasts and pig zombies, squishing machines that will squish you, cactus mazes, jumping to waterfall to waterfall challenges, lava rooms which will fall on you if you are not fast enough, and......the worst of all............you are timed! If you do not finish fast enough you will instantly die <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f635.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":dead:">:dead:</object> . If you reach the end you are awarded. You get awarded with diamond blocks and gold blocks and........... another trap course! It will always continue and continue till the 10th course, but you cant leave with the diamonds and gold! They would stay there unless you complete all the courses and if you die the loot will go with you and die! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f622.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":cry:">:cry:</object> A good thing from this is that there are checkpoints in which you continue from once you die so you could continue <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> Yay! The winners will have there names in the and the start end of the courses so you would be famous! If you like this idea, kudos to you and probably to me. Thanks for reading this idea <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":thumb:">:thumb:</object> .

Other notes:Nope that's all for now <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> .

Image example: Sorry I don't have one <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object> .
Name: Hardcore Survival

Type: Hardcore, No PvP, Survival

Public: Yes

Generator:Minecraft Generated.

Description: Like the game mode: Hardcore, this world will be a one chance only, you can die from hunger and any mobs that attack you. If you die you may only re-enter if you pay a certain amount of credits e.g. 10k. This world will not have any commands as it is hardcore survival. All items must be earned by yourself, no one other. You mat nit trade with other players, as currency is useless. This world will be hard to maintain the rules. But I believe it has potential

Other notes: Once again, no commands.

Image example:Sorry, I don't have an image. But just generate a new single-player world. It'll be somewhat like that.
Name: MovieWorld

Type: Creative, fun, inventive.

Public: Yes - Members only, of course.

Generator: Flat.

Description: A fun place for member to try to create a scene from a movie, the players are given creative mode so it is easy to build, this can be for fun or for events. Players can be creative as they want with no limitation to what they build. just make it look like a scene in a movie! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

Other notes: All commands are available except kits, as there is no need.
Name:Water World

Type:No PVP, Survival

Public:Yes

Generator:Custom

Description: Will be a world that is one complete ocean, Except the ocean bed.

Can have floating/Underwater towns and shops. The spawn will be at a floating town/city and

Bridges will link the towns and shops together.

Other notes: N/A

Image example: N/A
Name: The Game

Type: Survival / 3D puzzle / PVP enabled

Public: Yes, but no guests.

Generator: Standard generator with custom plugin to manage The Game

Description: Basically a 3D survivor puzzle/game. The way it works is the world would be divided into 1000x1000 block regions or "levels", and no player is allowed to leave each region except through very controlled warps. The goal is to get to the final region, and within each region, you have to search for clues hidden all over the current region to find out how to reach/access the warp to the next region, all without dying to mobs or other players.

Other notes:

• Each level can have a different theme / style, and test different abilities to get past it (Skydiving, parkour, mob gauntlets, minecart racing, etc. would all be ideas for a single level)
  • Dying on any level sends you back to the start of the first level
  • Some levels might have shortcuts that allow you to skip a level
  • Certain items will be blocked/reserved for use as special pickups, which can give a player special advantages when activated
  • Players use gold ingots as "coins"; killing a player will cause them to drop all of their coins for others to pick up, but everything else will simply be destroyed. "Coins" can be used to buy upgrades at shops between certain levels (armor, weapons, etc.)
  • Players can team up. Some things will be too hard for a single player to succeed at, necessitating two or three players to work together for a short time.
  • "Save Points" will occur every few levels, which will basically perform "/sethome". Players will not be able to change their home except to set it to a save point that they are standing at, but may /home at any time. Inventory is not stored, only position.

Image example: N/A / Go watch Sky Kids 3-D: Game Over / Play http://notpron.org/notpron/

While the movie may have been a bit corny, it provides a great example of what the game world would be like and feel like-- A classic RPG/platformer like Super mario64, but where the players are themselves having to go through, not control an abstract character. The Notpron link is an abstract example of the kinds of puzzles that levels would contain. Vague clues and relatively obscure references that players must piece together to find the key to get on to the next level. Riddles, minecarts, mob arenas are also all things that players could encounter and have to work their way past.
Fun World

No rules apart from no grieving or pvp

Random generator

Public world no guests.

Basically it's a world where you can do anything anyone else can this world is specified for you to design and build whatever you can when I say you can do anything I mean fly spawn items. Do all the creative things you have wanted to on minetown and it's just so much easier spawning items flying and all kits enabled for everybody.

On other notes this is basically where u will plan out ure future projects or build what you can't build in the real world for example diamond castle. When I say no pvp there will be a specified place for pvp big glass box world edited for us from our loving staff where u can fly and pvp you also can't change the speed u fly at in the glass pvp box

~bora99
Name: Prison Town

Type: Hardcore survival, pvp, roleplay

Public: Members, Donators

Generator: Custom

Description: A prison that has curfews, designated jobs like mining, building, etc. with little in the way of pay. Pvp will be enabled everywhere and in order to get out of prison, you either have to pay a large fine, serve your time, or escape. This world would be mainly for hardcore players that like to have hardcore roleplay. There are a lot more details, if you want to hear about them.

Other notes: I am still debating on whether wardens and guards are the donators or if anyone could be.

Image example: Coming soon!
Name: bizarro

Type: survival, pvp

Public: members

Generator: default

Description: In bizarro world, (almost) all rules are reversed. Building/stealing/griefing is allowed but only in protected regions -- all players in the world would belong to all regions. Town owners may repossess property, but only if the lot owner has been active in the last 2 weeks. PvP is disabled for all users in the world, but using a bow or lava or some other trap to kill another player is allowed. All warps must be death warps (or at least cause some sort of damage). There will be a world specific trade chat channel for users to request that their petitions be acted upon. Without mentioning a petition in bizarro trade chat, mods aren't allowed to answer bizarro world petitions. Bizarro trade chat is also supposed to be used for religious and political discussions. Use of "1337 sp34k" is encouraged as well as trolling. There would be a plugin that deposits up to 10 cookies into your inventory every time you ask to be Mod/Admin/Helper in bizarro trade chat. You can't bring items into or out of bizarro world. There are only a few spawners of each type in bizarro world, so if you want more you have to dupe them. Some commands have the reverse effect (example: /tpa acts like /tpahere). Potion effects are reversed (fire resist potion lights you on fire, weakness potion gives you strength, etc) and some world behaviors are reversed (crops only grow in darkness, hostile mobs are most active during daylight, etc).

Other notes: x-ray and cheat mods wouldn't be allowed neither would personal attacks, excessive rudeness, nor explicit language.

Image example: