Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] I own a 13inch i7 MBP. What effects does opengl have on my computer?
Started by [E] antonyoo

OK, first off, happyworm, I deleted your post. Stop fucking trolling.

If a game requires any 3d rendering, whether it's Minecraft or Half Life, or anything of that nature, then of course you will have much less of a battery life. I have a 2010 17" MBP that gets like 2.5 hours if I'm lucky when playing Minecraft, so my guess is that it will be somewhere in between 2-3 hours of battery life while playing Minecraft on yours, considering you only have the integrated graphics. But to be honest, that was a waste; Intel's integrated graphics SUCK, and are only good for everyday tasks. You should have gone with the 15". since those have a dedicated mobile graphics card made by AMD, which get like 2-3x more performance than my 17" from 2010.

As for performance? HA! Like I said before, Intel's integrated graphics will make you more frustrated at the shitty performance you will get while playing Minecraft than if you were using a 15" with a dedicated graphics card. Even on my 2020 17" MBP, I have to keep the render distance at medium because far causes a 20-30 FPS drop, and even on medium I will only get like 60 at the most. You could dedicate more RAM to Java when you run Minecraft, but considering that your model only has 4 GB initially (expandable to 8 GB), that would tremendously show down your machine.

I'm pretty sure that's about it, along with the nice explanation on OpenGL that a few people talked about previously. I wouldn't worry about OpenGL too much if you don't have much knowledge of computers. Just know that the whole "7 hour battery life" only applies to like 10% of the things your computer can do. For most tasks, it's recommended to keep your computer plugged in, such as when gaming or rendering video.
I have a dirty mind :/
13 inches? not bad